Has anyone used the weird light today?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
The sky is incredibly unusual today but I have been too busy to get out with my camera, I wondered if anyone has taken any interesting photos while it is like this. It looks post apocalyptic. If I had had time I would have loved to have used it in my pillbox personal project.

Blue sky and sunshine here...........................:)
It was post apocalyptic first thing (and drizzling), then just really murky, then I caught a glimpse of the red sun just before the wind blew all the Sahara dust away.

Unfortunately not, busy working so no time to drive somewhere to try to use the light. I doubt a photo taken in my garden would have shown the strange light anyway, it would have just looked like a dull day in an untidy garden!

Oh yes, in Surrey here and it was to say the least weird.

It was dull for ages and the light ranged from yellowish to greenish and when the sun peeped through the high cloud haze it was deep red (disappearing in the haze very quickly and what with the very mild warm wind even more odd. It did get more 'normal' but now a tad peculiar again but nothing like earlier!

PS re Orange ~ yes, it emphasised the turning leaf colours on our ash and lime trees.

PPS and the smaller birds when they showed up flew by 'jet propelled' :)

Last edited:
It's like Mars here.
A very red sun has imparted an orange glow on everything.

I tried to capture it but I thing the white balance on my 80D compensated for the orangeyness....and everything looks kind of normal and grey in my pics.

This was taken this morning on Bulbourne Meadow,Hemel Hempstead.

psaZxDU.jpg

I'm really jealous - just a solid yellow-brown murk until about 3pm, when it changed to sunshine and blue skies. It was nice for my post-work run however.

Nice selection of images, by the time I finished work the sky had cleared so i couldn't get any shots myself

Sun? Grey sky, sideways rain and 60mph winds here in Northern Ireland today:(

I was thinking "It's the end of the world love, best we...erm" and you lot went out and took photos... :D

Back