Has anyone used zor.com?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
So I've taken a punt on a aluminium print from a company called zor.com and I just wondered if anyone has any experience with this company. If so what's your thoughts on service and quality?

I ordered a 30"x20" (50cmx76cm) and it only cost £32 delivered with mounting system (had a 10% discount)

Well it's arrived. Very please with it although I don't have anything to compare it against. Next to something twice the price it might look crap.

Awesome, thats good to hear Mark. I did post a question to Zor but they have not answered me, was 7 days ago now, I have a B&W image when soft proofed using the Zor Allu.icc profile in PS the black shifted to a washed out grey, I'm hoping this is just PS display and not what the actual product will be like if I ordered. Going to have to ask the question again i think with Zor, I hope they answer. Really dont want to loose £30 on what might end up being a sample.

Awesome, thats good to hear Mark. I did post a question to Zor but they have not answered me, was 7 days ago now, I have a B&W image when soft proofed using the Zor Allu.icc profile in PS the black shifted to a washed out grey, I'm hoping this is just PS display and not what the actual product will be like if I ordered. Going to have to ask the question again i think with Zor, I hope they answer. Really dont want to loose £30 on what might end up being a sample.
I think that shift with the icc is normal, I get the same with DS colour labs C-type icc profile.

If you order from them use this code for 10% off. Got it from some random guys video on YouTube.

ZorAndImran

Last edited:
Hey Mark,
Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this, In all honesty i have noticed this shift with other ICC profiles I have used and started to think there was a connection, after all, example prints I have received from various companies have rendered true blacks!
I have to admit, this shift, has stopped me from placing an order, how silly. Think I'm going to give it a go now. Thank you for the 10% as well! .

Hoping this will print correctly on the Alu....

IMMORTALITY

solider-and-angel-18-12-1200.jpg

Think I need to give them a go too - have an exhibition/sale coming up in November, and needs some examples to display.

@MrDrizz Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied with our prints, please let me know if you have any questions regarding our services.

@Geoff Moore Unfortunately, we didn't recive your message. If you used our PS ICC profile correctly, you shouldn't have any problems with color display, if you visit our blog we have a detailed tutorial about how to use ICC profile correctly for each material Alu dibond, Acrylic Glass and Forex. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

@posiview Waiting for your feedback after you'll recive the print :)

@ancient_mariner We'll be glad to honor your order, so please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding our services.

We have just signed up to talkphotography, we'll start our own thread soon, so keep an eye on it.

I've ordered 2 more prints. this time on acrylic so confident that the quality will be there.

ive also ordered an Alu product in a custom size. very keenly priced wo will be interested to see the quaility. Have to say process could use some attention. Ordered from an english version sight, got a confirmation in german and shipping dispatch in french :)

ive also ordered an Alu product in a custom size. very keenly priced wo will be interested to see the quaility. Have to say process could use some attention. Ordered from an english version sight, got a confirmation in german and shipping dispatch in french :)
Yeah that is something that needs addressing.

Well DPD are turning up tomorrow, so it might be this, a gimbal, some ikea desk legs or anything else i've forgotton. I'll pop back in if it turns out to the alu print

Well DPD are turning up tomorrow, so it might be this, a gimbal, some ikea desk legs or anything else i've forgotton. I'll pop back in if it turns out to the alu print
When did you order?

Hi Zeameth. We are waiting for your feedback after you'll recieve the print :) We have checked your email problem, and it turned out that we had an error. We assure you that it will be fixed ASAP.

This made me laugh, cool so long as they pay for advertising [emoji16]
Hi MrDizz,
Of course we will pay for advertising, we have already contacted the admins of TalkPhotography.
We are waiting for your feedback regarding your acrylic prints :)

Well it's arrived. Very please with it although I don't have anything to compare it against. Next to something twice the price it might look crap.
Awesome! How's the gloss finish on it? @ZOR if you could perhaps show samples not product photography shots, just pics in general to get better feel of finish etc..

Awesome! How's the gloss finish on it? @ZOR if you could perhaps show samples not product photography shots, just pics in general to get better feel of finish etc..

perhaps that could wait until they're actually an advertiser...

@ZOR - we're aware that you've applied, and the Admin who deals with that side of the business has been alerted. Until things are settled perhaps if you could hold off on any requests of a similar nature to above. Cheers.

That was the Aluminium one. Acrylic ones haven't arrived yet.
Just watched the video & the quality seems decent... Not the high gloss finish I usually get though, will have to check with them and see if they do the high gloss variation.
Thanks for the video really appreciate it mate :D

Just watched the video & the quality seems decent... Not the high gloss finish I usually get though, will have to check with them and see if they do the high gloss variation.
Thanks for the video really appreciate it mate :D
I may have picked a Matte finish.

when using the Zor icc profile set up for soft proofing in photoshop.
Is the purpose to then adjust the image proof colours back to the colours before it was applied.?
And then send a saved altered version of that to the printers.?

when using the Zor icc profile set up for soft proofing in photoshop.
Is the purpose to then adjust the image proof colours back to the colours before it was applied.?
And then send a saved altered version of that to the printers.?
TBH I don't know. Thier FAQ and blog post isn't very detailed in that regard. (Language thing I think) Also if 'save as' in PS you can only save with an sRGB profile.

This is what I did and the print came back good enough for me.

Reading elsewhere ...it says that a soft proof should be used side by side with normal view, and to make adjustments to the soft view so as to match the original as near as possible. It is this adjusted version that is saved and sent to the printer. Of course you need to keep the unchanged original for further use.

All changes can of course be kept as layers in the the original. And only a flattened version sent to the printer.

To do any of this without a calibrated monitor is pointless.

Got my 24x16" Alu Di bond today. Very impressed with the packaging and the care that has gone into the protecting the image/product so top marks to Zor for that!
Will need to take the product out of the protective clear plastic packaging to inspect it closer, half tempted to make a little video about it as per @MrDrizz :)

My only observation is i was expecting the print/product to be more glossy, I have double checked and the online ordering didn't provide an option to specify matt/gloss for the Alu Dibond product. Perhaps that is something @ZOR can investigate/provide?
I'll update my final feelings about the product once I get it home and away from the florescent lighting that plagues the office. I suspect in natural light or considered lighting it will look splendid.
I'n fact I have been asked to exhibit some of my work so i'm very tempted to showcase this item, my wife will be disappointed though as she requested it as a gift for her lol!

Regards
Geoff Moore

Got my 24x16" Alu Di bond today. Very impressed with the packaging and the care that has gone into the protecting the image/product so top marks to Zor for that!
Will need to take the product out of the protective clear plastic packaging to inspect it closer, half tempted to make a little video about it as per @MrDrizz :)

My only observation is i was expecting the print/product to be more glossy, I have double checked and the online ordering didn't provide an option to specify matt/gloss for the Alu Dibond product. Perhaps that is something @ZOR can investigate/provide?
I'll update my final feelings about the product once I get it home and away from the florescent lighting that plagues the office. I suspect in natural light or considered lighting it will look splendid.
I'n fact I have been asked to exhibit some of my work so i'm very tempted to showcase this item, my wife will be disappointed though as she requested it as a gift for her lol!

Regards
Geoff Moore

Hi Geoff,
We're glad that you're satisfied with your print. For now we provide ALU Dibond prints with matt finish only. Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Just popping by to say that my print has arrived and on the whole im extremely happy. Its a black and white shot of 2 rhinos that i took last year in South Africa and honestly im glad its not come though shiny. There almost a textured quality to it in the darker areas that works really well for the image. I will say that the colour tone is very slightly different to what i was had calibrated (my screens are calibrated and i used the ICC proofing profile). its not to the detriment of the image so im happy, it will just inform my proofing next time and i'm confident that there will be a next time.

Just ordered a couple of alu prints - forgot to use the code though. :(

VAT and shipping temper the enthusiasm for amazing prices (if I were Zor I would have the option for pricing to show VAT for non-business customers and without VAT for commercial buyers). The prints are still extremely good value, but seeing the initial price and ordering 3 before seeing the grand total makes it feel less pleasing than it should. 10 day production time too, though that's fine.

@ZOR appreciated, would love to see a brushed aluminium option. I think that, I would have been what I wanted, now I have had time to inspect my print fully. Although there is no complaint on the job and end result, in my minds eye I expected it to be more metallic/shiny if that translates?

Regards
Geoff

Reactions: ZOR
Back