Has anyone used zor.com?

@ZOR appreciated, would love to see a brushed aluminium option. I think that, I would have been what I wanted, now I have had time to inspect my print fully. Although there is no complaint on the job and end result, in my minds eye I expected it to be more metallic/shiny if that translates?

Regards
Geoff

In that case you probably want a metallic finish paper - IIRC DS Labs offer such a print finish. The advantage of alu as I recall is that the prints are very solid & remain flat, and the print surface should be bright and work well for fine detail.

@ZOR appreciated, would love to see a brushed aluminium option. I think that, I would have been what I wanted, now I have had time to inspect my print fully. Although there is no complaint on the job and end result, in my minds eye I expected it to be more metallic/shiny if that translates?

Regards
Geoff

Our aluminium prints have an matt finish as a result from the direct printing process. If you are looking for a shiny material we recommend you to take a look at acrylic prints.

So I've used zor.com a couple time now and overall I'm very happy with the service and the quality of the prints.
The Order process is very easy but it appears you cannot upload more then one picture at a time, I tried this and it kind of screwed up my order, I take responsibility for this. The screwup was fixed very quickly by Johnathen as I'd noticed it just before the pictures went to print. The price point is extremely competitive when compared to other print makers, this could be down to the fact that they only offer 3 types of prints.

ICC profile, Zor do have an ICC profile for soft proofing your print, I highly recommend you use it. There is a blog post on the website telling you how to use it. Just make sure you use the right profile for the type of print.

Speed of delivery, I guess they've become rather busy as turn around is about 10 days so if you need the prints fast then maybe look elsewhere. I'm happy with 10 days, my prints came quicker though. Delivery price is very reasonable and they use DPD. Talking of DPD, I've always had great service from them but they screwed up my last order, arrived 5 days late and to the wrong address. It was supposed to be delivered to a DPD parcelshop, it wasn't, and arrived at my door, luckly I was in. None of that is any fault of Zor.com

So I'm very happy with the service and print quality from Zor.com. I now have an aluminium and 2 acrylic prints. Would love to hear other you thoughts on your experience.

Last edited:
I was also qite impressed the Alu product i received. the matt effect was perfect for the photo i chose. i've actaully ordered the same print at a much larger size now so i will be able to compare them directly. also ordered a bunch of oher forex across the other materials they offer in smaller sizes. 1 part proofs, 1 part christmas presents :)

Picked up my prints from the DPD delivery shop this morning. Had one mono, one colour. Both are well printed, clean and crisp, with an almost 3D look to the mono print and a matt surface that is nicely non-reflective and would be very good used for displaying in public places where reflections might be a problem. The substrate is cleanly cut with sharp, square edges and the backing film still on the reverse side.

They look good to me - I will probably use Zor again.

FWIW a work colleague looked at the mono and said "I need one of these for my man-cave" which is affirmation from an un-biased source.

Last edited:
So my 2nd batch of products arrived and im sorry to say its a mixed bag. While the much larger version of my b+w rhinos (100x55cm) looks stunning the prints on forex are pretty poor. Signifigant loss of sharpness vs the other materials (i had the same image printed on both alu and forex to compare). The edges also look to have been scuffed when they were cut.

I had resolved to order the larger ALU print anyway so i only added these products on to check sample the other offerings. exceedingly happy with the ALU when u get the right image (not really suitable imo for a highly reflective subject) bt the forex is poor.

I think ill be contacting CS over the weekend when i have some time.

So my 2nd batch of products arrived and im sorry to say its a mixed bag. While the much larger version of my b+w rhinos (100x55cm) looks stunning the prints on forex are pretty poor. Signifigant loss of sharpness vs the other materials (i had the same image printed on both alu and forex to compare). The edges also look to have been scuffed when they were cut.

I had resolved to order the larger ALU print anyway so i only added these products on to check sample the other offerings. exceedingly happy with the ALU when u get the right image (not really suitable imo for a highly reflective subject) bt the forex is poor.

That's a shame. After reading your experiance I took another look at my acrylic prints and on the edge of one of them the print looks to be torn, as if the blade used to cut it was blunt. I too will be contacting them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vw9rof1m3xrmde/1508080098020.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
That's a shame. After reading your experiance I took another look at my acrylic prints and on the edge of one of them the print looks to be torn, as if the blade used to cut it was blunt. I too will be contacting them.

ended up out all weekend so i didnt get a change to photograph and send to Zor, I will get that done later today. WIll be interesting to see how they handle things as its an area in which i've had excellent service from other printing companies.

ended up out all weekend so i didnt get a change to photograph and send to Zor, I will get that done later today. WIll be interesting to see how they handle things as its an area in which i've had excellent service from other printing companies.
It'll be a good test.

It'll be a good test.

So emailed them the photos this morning nad had a reply within about 10 minutes offering a replacement product at their cost. since i ordered the same print in Aluminion and its much better i asked them to refund instead of re-rpinting. Another 10 minutes and i had a courteous response saying that will be be done straight away.

decent CS so far, just dissapointed the product left the factory in such condition.

So emailed them the photos this morning nad had a reply within about 10 minutes offering a replacement product at their cost. since i ordered the same print in Aluminion and its much better i asked them to refund instead of re-rpinting. Another 10 minutes and i had a courteous response saying that will be be done straight away.

decent CS so far, just dissapointed the product left the factory in such condition.
As they are very busy QC could have slipped. Personally I can forgive this, but just the once.

Hello,
Sorry for my late answer, I was on vacation.
We totally understand your frustration. Please accept our apologies regarding the printing flaws, it may slipped away from our QC team.
We would glady remake both orders, just contact us by visiting our contact page.

Thank you for your honest feedback!

I've just ordered 3 aluminium Di bond prints due to the feedback on here and seeing their customer service that if somethings wrong they will fix it.
Excited :)

I've just ordered 3 aluminium Di bond prints due to the feedback on here and seeing their customer service that if somethings wrong they will fix it.
Excited :)

Hi Adam,
Thank you for your order. We're looking further of hearing from you after you'll recieve your prints.

Regards,
Jonathan from ZOR

Hi Adam,
Thank you for your order. We're looking further of hearing from you after you'll recieve your prints.

Regards,
Jonathan from ZOR
Do worry I messed up my proofing. But hopefully they will still look good.
Will feedback once they arrive. :)

Got my dispatch email
It was in French but Google translate confirms dispatch so that's faster than their 10 days!

Got my dispatch email
It was in French but Google translate confirms dispatch so that's faster than their 10 days!

Thank you for your notice. We have fixed the email confirmation language. It should be displayed correctly now.

Last edited:
Due to pick them up tomorrow after work. Excited and nervous. Always nervous for a print incase colours don't come out right.

Does anyone have any further/more recent experience with Zor? I'm looking for reasonably priced large prints on aluminium, so any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks Andy. i didn't know they did different finishes. Shame that the custom sizing doesn't allow anything over 100cm.

Disappointed and frustrated that since the completion of Brexit in January, it is no longer possible to order prints from Zor.com for delivery to the UK.
Even more so given that any comparable print services in the UK that I can find seem to charge at least three times the prices that Zor charge.
Anyone got any suggestions of competitive UK companies?

Back