Have I got a bargain ?

I realise I have taken a bit of a risk but hopefully Paypal will be something to fall back on if it goes wrong
The seller has been in contact to say thank you and it will be posted tomorrow. There is no point worrying now. I will give it a couple of weeks

correct me if i'm wrong ,but ebay should hold the payment until you have given feedback on receiving goods ,or am i wrong in this:shrug:

Believe it or not there is actually an explanation for all this....

I bought the item at 10:15 but paid through Paypal with the wrong credit card. I asked him to refund the money and I would pay again with the correct card if he relisted it. Once I had check with my card company that the money had been refunded I bid again at 10:23 but made an a**e of it and bid the wrong amount. It was relisted again at 11:58 as a buy it now which I duly won. I received messages from Ebay cancelling each auction and these are listed in MY Ebay

But that dont explain the 2x 85mm f1.2 canon lenses, 3x CANON EOS 400D, 2x SUPERB ACER ASPIRE 8920G and 2x x box's

Found this

Please note this is for everyone's safety - if your address is NOT confirmed - the transaction is not covered under PAYPAL protection policy so you will not be covered. eBay and PayPal have confirmed that only CONFIRMED addresses are eligible for protection.

I would flag this to your CC banks if you have given him numbers direct

Hope they were not spoof emails???

I bought the item at 10:15 but paid through Paypal with the wrong credit card. I asked him to refund the money and I would pay again with the correct card if he relisted it. Once I had check with my card company that the money had been refunded I bid again at 10:23 but made an a**e of it and bid the wrong amount. It was relisted again at 11:58 as a buy it now which I duly won. I received messages from Ebay cancelling each auction and these are listed in MY Ebay

I hope you have not been scammed! x 3

Well I genuinely hope it's not a scam, If it isn't you've got an absolute bargain. I'm still very suspicious but it would explain the mutiple listings for this item at least. And if he refunded the initial payment from the wrong card and the bank confirmed this, then it's probably not a thing that a scam artist would do. Let's hope it works out OK.

cheers

Hope it is a bargain but I have been ripped off on ebay a couple of times so wont use them anymore Good luck hope it arrives ok for your sake getting anything done on ebay is such a hassle
Bob

Another warning is that all his listings have been set up as private auctions so none of the buyers' identities are detailed - this prevents you emailing any previous buyers to check whether they received anything.

He's had 15 auctions in the last 7 days and used the same photos and descriptions each time

If you haven't already done so please contact eBay and Paypal immediately - I wouldn't run the risk of assuming you're covered by Paypal protection

BTW I think it's correct to say that if a seller returns funds to you it usually takes 5/7 days before Paypal release it back to you (this is to ensure that the original payment from you is not declined). If you have an email saying it has been refunded then it may not be genuine

Lord Carson - looks like eBay have taken some action as the seller is now listed as unregistered and his previous auctions have been cancelled

I really hope things work out ok for you and with a bit of luck Paypal will have held onto any payments sent to him

Interested in the outcome of this.

This listing (150383053477) has been removed, or this item is not available. :runaway:

are you sure you got it >>>>>>>>

This listing (150383053477) has been removed, or this item is not available.

There's PayPal and the credit card co to seek remidiation from if required (consumer credit act) - although from the post above about messing about with different cards the situation is confused.

Same but it does sound very suspect, don't think your going to get the kit :(

Think the listing disappearing is the nail in the coffin..

I hope for Lord Carson's sake he has not been ripped off but the fact that he has not been back to this thread does not look good.

What is this sellers name?
I bought a D90 off a seller in Norway on Sunday. 1 day listing.
Turns out I was scammed. The seller unregistered from eBay once I had made the Paypal transaction.

Unfortunately, this does sound like a scam!

I dont use ebay or paypal so I'm not sure how the transactions work, although I do know you can pay using both via a credit card. If you have paid by credit card call the c/card company ASAP and get them to cancel, if its too late for that, once its confirmed as a scam (which I think it is) the transaction should be insured by the c/card company.

If you have paid by paypal, with a credit card, your credit card company will not cover you under the consumer credit act.
Your only recourse is via paypal.

If you have paid by paypal, with a credit card, your credit card company will not cover you under the consumer credit act.
Your only recourse is via paypal.

Yes they will.

The trick is not to involve the Consumer Credit Card Act.

Instead you invoke VISA Chargeback.

Scammers on Ebay are rife, and I've had some experience dealing with them ;)

Bought a mint Tamron 17-50 off a zero feedbacker - best buy for ages and he was totally stand-up; promt and accurate

Yes they will.

The trick is not to involve the Consumer Credit Card Act.

Instead you invoke VISA Chargeback.

Scammers on Ebay are rife, and I've had some experience dealing with them ;)

My experience has been less than favourable.
Mastercard (and I thought that Visa had too), put out a statement at the beginning of the year that they consider any transactions through PayPal to be completed at the point of Paypal being paid, thus it is no longer their problem should an item not be delivered.

Our experience earlier this year, was that PayPal didn't want to know, and neither did Mastercard when someone made off with our money and no goods.

To answer the OP's question

No

I'm looking for a D90 and I saw the original post as always with these zero feedback sales I drop the seller a line and ask if cash on collection is an option, it usually sorts out the scammers.

My experience has been less than favourable.
Mastercard (and I thought that Visa had too), put out a statement at the beginning of the year that they consider any transactions through PayPal to be completed at the point of Paypal being paid, thus it is no longer their problem should an item not be delivered.

Our experience earlier this year, was that PayPal didn't want to know, and neither did Mastercard when someone made off with our money and no goods.

You need to change your bank.

I've had to do a MasterCard Chargeback through Paypal within the last two weeks and they handled it no problem (Abbey Zero MasterCard)

I've had to do a MasterCard Chargeback through Paypal within the last two weeks and they handled it no problem (Abbey Zero MasterCard)

just to add to this I've had Abbey chargeback a Visa transaction through paypal in the last month or so.

Hugh

Creditcard companies can definitely chargeback paypal payments. It's then the seller/original receiver of the payment, that owes it to paypal.

Most likely was a scam - and the OP may be too embarrassed to come back?

Has anybody PM'd the OP to find out what happened in the end? He has posted in a couple of other threads since the last we heard from him here.

He bought the item at 10:15 with the wrong card, asked for a refund, which was back on his card by 10:23, enabling him to bid again? :thinking:

A refund to a credit card that shows up seven minutes after the original transaction was made??? Riiiiiight... Um, I think it may not just be the ebay seller who's being economical with the truth here.. :naughty::LOL:

Back