Have I got a bargain ?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I won this item on Ebay this morning. The strange thing was that the item was due to end in 1 hour 2 minutes but the actual GMT on this listing showed it due to end in 2 minutes.
I put in a bid not expecting to win due to the usual sniping in the last 5 minutes of these auctions but others must not have noticed the time and it ended 2 minutes later. It must have been something to do with the clocks going back last night

I will wait and see if it arrives ok. Fingers crossed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....RRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Zero feedback would be too much of a worry for me I'm afraid. In Norway too.

Sorry but the advert is written in terrible ingrish like some kind of translator has translated it from chinese into english.

JUST READ IT !!

"Thus only very few used"
"Scope of supply"
"The camera has only 883 releases" - on its own not a problem but with the others.
"The camera has Nikon warranty to 28.07.2011 and the two objectives up to 28.07.2012!"

Just walk away........

Oh, just noticed its in Norway........ Hmmm still wouldn't risk it though.

Bargain of the year, if its Kosher, 0 feedback scares me too.

Dave.

Don't paypal do some kind of hold on payment now for new users until feedback is left??

If that is the case I would just contact Paypal first...... Worth a try as this is a serious bargain if its true.

There ARE bargains out there.... I just got a Nikon FM, nifty fifty and flash for £20 with batteries, a lowepro bag and some film too...

Hate to say it, but just looks too good to be true. That is the price you would expect to pay for lenses or camera - not both! Paypal give sellers no protection whatsoever so you will be safe if you pay with paypal.

It may be too good to be true or it may be just that others did not bid because it looked to good to be true. Norway is 1 hour ahead of GMT so that accounts for the time difference.

I have taken a chance on quite a few occasions with auctions like this and have only had problems once.

Enjoy your bagain (y)

Hey it's Norway and not Nigeria, I have a feeling in my water you will be ok! :) In fact Norway it's almost possible to go and collect it for a night in Bergen! Maybe his Engleeesh isn't perfect, but possibly establish contact on the phone etc. Good price and a big loss for him as I found Norway very expensive when last there.

Brilliant bargain if it works out OK. The AF-S 16-85mm lens would cost that alone new, and it is a brilliant lens. Good luck.

so i post up a link to a 1D on Gumtree and it's removed for being "dodgy"... yet this thread remains and it's just as bad ?

hmmm...

I'm pretty sure PayPal provide an escrow service now.....use that.

Personally I'd never risk more than a few quid on a 0 feedback seller.

so i post up a link to a 1D on Gumtree and it's removed for being "dodgy"... yet this thread remains and it's just as bad ?

hmmm...

He's already bought it, so it's not like anyone's going to get ripped off.

This thread will either be a lesson in how to get ripped off on ebay, or a reminder that we shouldn't all be so cynical ;)

I realise I have taken a bit of a risk but hopefully Paypal will be something to fall back on if it goes wrong
The seller has been in contact to say thank you and it will be posted tomorrow. There is no point worrying now. I will give it a couple of weeks

doesn't paypal 'guarantee' all transactions for 100% value these days? it used to be up to around £150 a year or so ago, but went up since?

How did you find out what he's been selling, shouldent he have some form of feedback.

Dave.

Zero feedback is always a worry, but then we all started on Zero.

Keep us updated, and if you have got it at that price, then you've certainly grabbed a bargain!

:)

How did you find out what he's been selling, shouldent he have some form of feedback.

Dave.

All you need to do is look at completed listings for items of that description.

I have to say this is looking decidedly dodgy! :(

I wouldn't worry. Paypal shouldn't release the funds until you leave feedback.
High risk expensive items like this and the fact he has no feedback will alert Paypal's system and it will alert you and the seller that payment has been withheld.

Paul

Hmmmm I'm not so sure about this one..........

He's sold the same package with the same photos on each listing three times today!!

I really hope you get your gear as it's a real bargain if it comes off, however, I'm glad it's your money and not mine!!

Items listed for one day too. If I was to guess, I would suggest that this item is stolen.

Zero feedback wouldn't bother me at all.
Since paypal is now pretty much guaranteed these days, I wouldn't have any qualms about it - I am just so JEALOUS.
I only usually look on UK listings so missed out on this.Hope you get it, mega bargain.

Possibly new user who has messed up?

(being optimistic here :) )

He's sold it twice at £430 at 10:15 and 11:58 and once at £750 at 10:23 today.
Oh... and a buy it now that ended at 11:23 without a sale.

The chances of this being legit are as close to nil as you can get.
Luckily, if the OP has paid by paypal he should be covered. I don't normally have much to say in paypals favour, but they are pretty good at this (provided you've bought it on eBay).

Well, you can only claim around 400 pounds back if you have not received the item. PAYPAL is not guaranteed to refund all of your money like other insurance company.

I don't trust this seller. The information says he lives in Normay, but one of the payment choice is collect in person 'from UK'. The registed date is too short as well.

Do yourself a favor, contact ebay and advise them that you think this is a scam as he has sold multiple of the same item today and has zero feedback.

As other people have stated DO NOT pay for this item until ebay can guarantee this is legit.

If im honest, I would say that theres a 99% chance this is a scam

Zero feedback, badly written item description, and its outside UK... I wont even risk my money..

He has 15 items listed today including 3/4 D90, hope paypal are holding funds is not he has scammed about 3k.
Paypal covers upto £500 through bay and i am certain they now hold payment until feedback is left for high value sales.
Like others have stated, i would email both Ebay an paypal asp.

Don't worry if a seller has less than 20 feedback Paypal will not release the fins until the buyer leaves positive feedback.

He's sold it twice at £430 at 10:15 and 11:58 and once at £750 at 10:23 today.
Oh... and a buy it now that ended at 11:23 without a sale.

The chances of this being legit are as close to nil as you can get.
Luckily, if the OP has paid by paypal he should be covered. I don't normally have much to say in paypals favour, but they are pretty good at this (provided you've bought it on eBay).

Believe it or not there is actually an explanation for all this....

I bought the item at 10:15 but paid through Paypal with the wrong credit card. I asked him to refund the money and I would pay again with the correct card if he relisted it. Once I had check with my card company that the money had been refunded I bid again at 10:23 but made an a**e of it and bid the wrong amount. It was relisted again at 11:58 as a buy it now which I duly won. I received messages from Ebay cancelling each auction and these are listed in MY Ebay

Sadly there are more and more examples of this on eBay which is why I (and I think many others) hate using it these days.

I hope you've not parted with any money as yet because this is so obviously a scam. EVERYTHING about this listing is wrong - I'm just amazed that the sellers account hasn't already been blocked by eBay

Back