Having some fun with the siggy and raynox now :) WARNING, dont show this to your kids...

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I'd entice you in with this delicious looking blackberry, that isn't quite ripe.... before i scare the hell out of you :D

Went to Apley pond, took a walk around it, must be a half-mile, popping into bushes, getting asked "what you doing" while my flash is going off and me crouched down like a perv. Great.

14697236721_b6c710b7d2_b.jpg

2.. not cute. at all.
14513722527_d92a7e32a4_b.jpg

3.. I couldn't get this guys eyes in focus, soooo tiny, but legs soooo long. This hasn't been cropped at all.
14677354346_dc4fa0b075_b.jpg

4.. A nice calming, pleasing image... before the nightmares begin :D
14720236203_17b6ed614c_b.jpg

5.. If anyone says Ladybirds are cute. They're not. Check out the gnashers on this beastie
14697766664_2e5f5a9f74_b.jpg

6.. 3 stacked images, though the back end hasn't stacked properly, not that much of a major issue, just glad i had one shot of the eyes
14720597463_4d6c03a8da_b.jpg

Sweet dreams :)

The siggy and Raynox look like a cracking combination, some great shots here :)

Nice Carl. Agree with Simon the flower is the pick of the bunch

Great set Carl.
I like the lb one even if it's got jaws like "jaws"
Oh how I wish I could afford a real decent lens. :banghead:

Another great set Carl... really enjoy seeing your enthusiasm for macro.

#3 is a harvestman.

My Daughter will think Gaston (Ben and Holly reference) has gone mean if she sees that LB...

thanks :) getting the hang of the siggy now, though i need to read the manual as there's a couple of switches im not sure what they do...

what buttons are you unsure of Carl - I have the new Sigma 105mm f2,8?

Les ;)

I doubt I'll be using it again for macros les (I'll have a read of the manual) - check out what you can do with just a 50mm and raynox :) macro on the cheap and looks amazing!

I don't own a 50mm - I'm presently using a 105mm & 70-200mm both f2.8 and now I have a Raynox 250 to bolt on- I'm hoping to shoot some nice macro, having just accidentally LOST all of my insect shots ( around 500) during a PC swap :mad:

as for hand held or tripod, why not buy a monopod, I have one and they are very useful for macro in the field

Les ;)

I don't own a 50mm - I'm presently using a 105mm & 70-200mm both f2.8 and now I have a Raynox 250 to bolt on- I'm hoping to shoot some nice macro, having just accidentally LOST all of my insect shots ( around 500) during a PC swap :mad:

as for hand held or tripod, why not buy a monopod, I have one and they are very useful for macro in the field

Les ;)

using your gun as a monopod is not actually owning a monopod just to clarify :p

Les ;)
oh no, sorry about your loss. You're just going to have to go out for twice as long and take more bug pics now ;) seriously - thats gutting. Are you sure you've lost them? What happened?

oh no, sorry about your loss. You're just going to have to go out for twice as long and take more bug pics now ;) seriously - thats gutting. Are you sure you've lost them? What happened?

I bought a new desk top PC and 24 inch monitor just for photography really also a 2 TB external hard drive- as I copied images from one external drive to the other I lost a whole folder ( Insects) still on Flickr of course but no raw files remain on either drive :crying:

I'll have to work harder now to replace them

Les

I bought a new desk top PC and 24 inch monitor just for photography really also a 2 TB external hard drive- as I copied images from one external drive to the other I lost a whole folder ( Insects) still on Flickr of course but no raw files remain on either drive :crying:

I'll have to work harder now to replace them

Les
What do you mean you "lost" the folder? Deleted it? Have to written anything else to the first drive that they existed on? Even if you moved them (which they should be <somewhere>) a move is just a copy and delete so file recovery software should be able to find them on the original drive, if you havent added more files and even then, you should be able to get some of them back, that havent been overwrote physically. Its only the header information in the file allocation table that gets "marked as deleted", until you start writing more stuff to the drive, then it will start physically overwriting files. You can even recover a formatted drive as long as you havent started writing lots of data over the top matey :) Hope you get the raws back

Some really nice captures Carl

Back