Hayling Sunset

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
hi all i took this one on 26th of last month from the Sandy point end of Hayling Island looking right along the beach towards Portsmouth.
its not one of the best i've seen but its one of the nicest i've got a half decent picture of :)
no post processing just a Jpeg straight out of the little LX3
hope you like it :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/3477109463_221c015ff0_b.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great starting point, but I think there is some PP this would benefit from. Not sure why anybody posts without any :shrug:

The horizon needs a little straighten, it's falling down to the left. I also think there is some boost of lightness and colour needed on the foreground? It all looks a tad flat at the moment. Nice sky though (y)

sorry. i'll check the rules properly before posting any more images

thanks for the feedback. i suppose as a relative noob i just saw the nice colours in the sky & took the pic, thought it looked ok when on my computer screen & thought i'd offer it up :)

looking at it now i can see what you mean about the horizon & the dark foreground, i'll have to try the software i have & see what i can do.
at this early stage its all about experimentation i guess (y)

thanks again ;)

Great starting point, but I think there is some PP this would benefit from. Not sure why anybody posts without any :shrug:

The horizon needs a little straighten, it's falling down to the left. I also think there is some boost of lightness and colour needed on the foreground? It all looks a tad flat at the moment. Nice sky though (y)

A lot of people including myself have posted without doing some sort of PP. I did it because I was new to photography and I got the camera, got the togging bug, but didnt initially have the software.

When I first started, not that long ago, I firmly believed that using software to "change" my images was cheating. Its only after being here for a little time, and experimenting that my views have changed (dramatically).

Now I look at my images in a lot more detail and use some basic fixes etc. to improve them, but I've a long way to go.

Think your photo is a great start and hopefully you'll keep going and improve as you go. But most of all enjoy it and dont take it too seriously!

Well done.
Jan

Back