HC-110 and street reportage

Name
eugene
Edit My Images
No
I have a bottle of HC-110 from about six years ago about 95% raw undiluted. So i have to choose a compatible Monochrome film for use with it . The brief is 4 days in a Rome. One camera and lens and two rolls of film. Looking for some grainy results but not too much.
Any suggestions will be welcome.

Tri-X in HC-110 works well for street/reportage type stuff. Don't know how much grain you want, but there will be some (assuming 35mm film).

Edited to add: Beware of the times Kodak gives to Tri-X in the HC-110 datasheet - largely considered to be too short. Use the times from the Massive Dev Chart instead.

Last edited:
I agree that you'll not go far wrong with Tri-X, but I'd be shooting and developing a roll in advance of your trip just to make sure. HC-110 has the reputation of being longlasting, but you'll not get a second chance to shoot these 2 rolls and I'd want to make sure the HC-110 was still good.

I have a bottle of HC-110 from about six years ago about 95% raw undiluted. So i have to choose a compatible Monochrome film for use with it . The brief is 4 days in a Rome. One camera and lens and two rolls of film. Looking for some grainy results but not too much.
Any suggestions will be welcome.

I can't comment on your chemical choices but....

4 days - 2 rolls of film - 72 shots - 18 shots per day - roughly 1 shot per waking hour - in Rome - you're gonna need more film!

Back