Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Is this any good

2832994370_a28a1664f4_o.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Sorry couldn't help myself just being silly must be the all the RAIN!!

It's lovely Dave. The colours and detail are very nice indeed (y)

Doesn't shout HDR at me which is good in my book. Does look a bit soft though.

Excellent subject, I really love it!

Agree with others re slightly soft. But I reckon this might be down to the hdr and a slight misalignment when processing the images.

Excellent subject, I really love it!

Agree with others re slightly soft. But I reckon this might be down to the hdr and a slight misalignment when processing the images.

Thanks Lee, yes it might have been the alignment they where 3 hand held shots so maybe I move a little as well (y)

Does look like it needs a sharpen, and the reds could do with toning down a tad, but otherwise nicely done, good subject for the processing, it's pulled out plenty of detail and interest (y)

Thanks Yvonne I think I did over do the reds a bit (y)

Doesn't shout HDR at me which is good in my book. Does look a bit soft though.

Robert I tried not to go to overboard, trying to enhance whats there but not go mad with HDR effect (y)

Sorry couldn't help myself just being silly must be the all the RAIN!!

It's lovely Dave. The colours and detail are very nice indeed (y)
thanks Maureen (y)

No it's rubbish!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I like the composition Dave, but imo the colours just look oversaturated.

Cheers Barbara I'll redo the image and not do an HDR so you can see the true version

Thanks again everyone

Personally I like HDR. For me the original looks a little flat and lacking in colour. The HDR looks great, colours showing really well, sky nicer, all in all, IMHO HDR is miles better.

I think you could make the original look better than the HDR quite quickly in PS CS3 with levels, contrast/brightness, maybe shadow/highlight, then a quick smart sharpen.

That really is a cracking greenhouse! Would have loved to have seen what wasgrown in it, in it's heyday.

I like the original best Dave, and it's a really nice photo. The natural colours fit well with the air of dereliction. I think the HDR would be better suited to a twee scene like a scenic cottage, but doesn't work well with this subject.

I prefer the original myself. Often think that HDR landscapes look a tad like something out of Jolly Green Giant land. :)

Typically for me I prefer the HDR version Dave although as said above it could stand a slight shapen :)

prefer the original myself dave
think i was expecting more dramatic sky etc

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I actually prefer the original too
;)

i think its great ,i keep coming back to look,its like one of those old jigsaw puzzles

Back