Heads up for infinity users

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Just logged into BT this morning to find that it appears all Inifinity users are entitled to a free upgrade albeit starting a new contract, I'm not that far in so no bothers for me and means that rather than 40Mb I now will be getting 60Mb down & 20mb up :) :) :)

I was on .6Mb til infinity came along, chalk a d cheese is the only way to explain it.

My expected date for when I will be able to get infinity has just been pushed back three months. :(

Just logged into BT this morning to find that it appears all Inifinity users are entitled to a free upgrade albeit starting a new contract, I'm not that far in so no bothers for me and means that rather than 40Mb I now will be getting 60Mb down & 20mb up :) :) :)

Cheers, just done mine. Now estimated as 56mb down and 20mb up (from 37 and 7)

My expected date for when I will be able to get infinity has just been pushed back three months. :(

Don't believe what you read on the BT website. It still says my area (Hadleigh Exchange (Essex)) won't be available until Dec 2012. Even if I put my phone number into the site to check what is available it still says 5mb, 8mb in Sept, and Infinity in Dec. I phoned them up last month and they said it was available and placed the order there and then. 5 days later an engineer turned up and installed it. I went from 1.2mb/0.2mb to 37mb/7mb.

Hmmm, I will keep an eye one it. It was saying it would be available end of March, it now says end of June.

Though I have just spotted workmen digging a narrow trench along a footpath not far away so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

bass_junkie83 said:
Hmmm, I will keep an eye one it. It was saying it would be available end of March, it now says end of June.

Though I have just spotted workmen digging a narrow trench along a footpath not far away so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

As said I would phone them, the website said it was unavailable when mine was installed.

woohoo!!!!! did my free upgrade via the website on Saturday, now it's arrived (y)

1897417632.png

Be careful. They are offering this 'upgrade' so they can lock you in during the period when this service is rolled out to other ISPs. Who, of course, will be cheaper.

I'm struggling to figure this one out I get a consistent 37mbits down with infinity but when I checked my speed on the BT site for the infinity 2 upgrade it said I would get max 48. I wasn't expecting to get the full 80 but I was expecting to get 60+ seeing as I'm top end of the infinity 1 speed. Any ideas?

My exchange isn't LLU so no other option than BT

Back