Heads Up to iPhone and Apple Watch Owners

From 18:00 in the UK apparently. As usual it will be hard updating the iPhone immediately because everyone will be trying. However, I will try to do my watch.

Surprisingly swift iOS10 download and install. Phone is rebooting now. Now Watch OS3 yet.

Phone is just rebooting. Get that back up and running and I'll set the iPad off

No watch for me

Me too. Playing with stickers.
I like the idea of the bedtime feature too..... oh, hang on, I work shifts

What's that then? Do you mean the Night Shift feature? If so, that's not new.

Updated both devices. Apart from using Touch ID for the App Store etc the update doesn't seem to have anything new I'd use..

Bricked both my phones and iPad by 6.15

Had to install Apple malware on my PC to fix them. Not impressed at all. Do they not test before they release? Morons.

iPhone 6, iPad Mini 2 and Watch all updated with no issues. As mentioned above, some did have issues which were quickly addressed.

I didn't bother checking what was new before updating. I just assumed when announced as a major release there would be lots of new features worth having. There usually are a few. Like handoff, better cloudy stuff, sms forwarding. But this update there's nothing that's a real must have like there usually is.

Apparently it will remember where I parked the car.

Last edited:
Sorry for delay.
No the old one I have used. I only want to be disturbed by certain numbers when I'm on nights.

Bedtime is one where you get to set reminders for going to bed and waking up to 'pleasant sounds'. To be fair I probably wouldn't use it. I remember to go to bed when I'm tired

Sorry for delay.
No the old one I have used. I only want to be disturbed by certain numbers when I'm on nights.

Bedtime is one where you get to set reminders for going to bed and waking up to 'pleasant sounds'. To be fair I probably wouldn't use it. I remember to go to bed when I'm tired

Ooooh I didn't know about that!

I wanted to find a restaurant earlier then use navigation to walk to it. I started off using Apple Maps and it failed spectacularly. Changed to Google Maps and it worked a treat. Apple always seem to be playing catch up when it comes to maps.

Maps has never worked well. Waze works much better for navigation.

Maps also seems to have some weird search history as though it is pulling in other people's searches or it has aggregating it from somewhere like browser history. It's most peculiar.

Well photos is ruined. I have a section called "people".. I can't delete it and I have "best of" that has been randomly filled with rubbish. Why?! Ios10 and the shafting that has given me wants me to move back to android.

I just click on 'all photos'. I ignore all the clever lifestyle guff they try to impose.

Places feature in photos is quite handy but I think that's not new.

Last edited:
Well photos is ruined. I have a section called "people".. I can't delete it and I have "best of" that has been randomly filled with rubbish. Why?! Ios10 and the shafting that has given me wants me to move back to android.

If I was you I would move to Android. All you have done is moan since iOS10 was launched.

I just checked. I have the "people" folder. Funny enough it's full of photos of people. I can ignore if I want. I do not have a "best of".

Last edited:
iOS 9.3.5 Your software is up to date.

Well that's a relief then!

It's ok. I have found out how to turn the home button back to how it worked before and there was another feature that it turned on that I turned back off to make it more ios9 like.

my watch took aaaaages to update..its fairly big at 560-ish mb for but 2+ hours..Can't actually see whats new really but that's fine

Home button thing is in the general-> accessibility-> home button section. I can't remember where I found it unfortunately.

I don't press it, I just put my thumb on the home button for fingerprint recognition and it unlocks to the home screen

If I was you I would move to Android. All you have done is moan since iOS10 was launched.

I just checked. I have the "people" folder. Funny enough it's full of photos of people. I can ignore if I want.

I do not have a "best of".

Nope, neither do I. Checked on iPad and iPhone...

Back