Headshots .... and some toes

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few close-up's of Rosie Robin ...dont blame me, the name was DF's idea! ;)

I cant believe how confident he/she is now. I cant go in the garden without being followed around everywhere, but it does make the weeding that bit more interesting!

2472310266_59f3dc6fb3_o.jpg

2473824325_3d2d49a6d3_o.jpg

2474641240_3fb3dc0b7c_o.jpg

Oh wow.. .these are fantastic... now that is TAME!!!

And no sense of smell either... judging by the last one! :D :LOL:

You actually got her/him to land on your foot! :eek:
Dare I ask where you were putting the meal worms?

Splendidly shots Glo

Thats pretty damned good Glo (y)

( I must be tired I can't think of a single comment for #3 :(
Except that you seemed to have nailed that one (y) Ahhhh thats better :D )

Bloody hell they are a fantastic set of shots.
Defo think you have made a friend!!

Oh wow.. .these are fantastic... now that is TAME!!!

And no sense of smell either... judging by the last one! :D :LOL:
Ahem! my feet are akin to a Rose garden I'll have you know! ;)

Dare I ask where you were putting the meal worms?

Splendidly shots Glo

Ewww! I hate them, I use tweezers to handle them, or Id hurl!

you seemed to have nailed that one (y) Ahhhh thats better :D

He! he! ... I did didnt I! :D

superb :) did you use your macro lens ? :)

Yup! I did actually ... the next test will be to see if I can get a snap of it sat on my shoulder as, it does this too ... pieces of 8! pieces of 8! :LOL:

Thanks for the feedback guys! (y)

Wow, I am impressed. I have never seen a wild bird sit on someone's foot before apart from mine when I was in mexico lying on the deck of a boat sunbathing and one landed on my foot by accident and we were both surprised, the bird didn't stay around as I nearly jumped out of my skin at the time.

1 & 2 are truly fantastic, so clear and sharp.

How do you get the trust of the wee robin?

Simply Superb Shots!!! Possibly the best Robin shots I've seen in 2 years here!

A hard act toe follow!!!

Well done Glo ... :clap: ... a bit longer than I'd imagined but it's a great feeling to gain that trust isn't it ... :D

Nice to see you have perfick toes too ... :naughty:

I'm sure we'll see more of this little fella/ress ... ;)

:p

Great set, and what a friend you have there (y)
Dr. Doolittle springs to mind :LOL:

Wonderful shots Glo, and it's amazing how confident Robins can get. Years ago I used to hand feed one particular Robin maggots when I was fishing. Whenever I turned up, within 10 minutes of so he would be there waiting for his food, sometimes flying off with them to his nest.

Bit like my son really, they'll do anything for food :LOL:

Seriously Glo, the quality of those close up shots is very good (y)

Amazing shots !!!

How in the world did you get it to sit on your foot like that?

:thinking:

Thanks folks ... he/she really is a bold little star!

haggisuk & Danny, Ive gradually been getting its trust over recent weeks by feeding it Waxworms that I get from CJ Wildbird foods as recommended by Ven.

S/he'll come and sit on my knee (or head) sometimes if Im ignoring him/her.
Most of the worms get taken back to the nest next door, so Im not sure if Ill still get the same 'personal' visits once the brood has flown.

S/he'll come and sit on my knee (or head) sometimes if Im ignoring him/her.
Most of the worms get taken back to the nest next door, so Im not sure if Ill still get the same 'personal' visits once the brood has flown.

If you're lucky you'll get to see the young ones you have been subsidising Glo ... :cautious: ... they carry on feeding the hungry little beggars for a week or two and they do travel around their patch extensively whilst doing so ... :D

If you keep up the feeding then pretty soon you will find the young ones starting to be more confiding especially as the parent (normally the male as the female is likely to be on the next brood already) eases off the feeding regime ... ;)

Good luck and again well done with those images and the patience I know it takes to get that far ... :clap:

:p

WOW, that last one is fantastic although all good ! I had one land on the lens hood of the 100-400 which made me giggle, one minute I was tracking him through the hedge, next he had vanished and was stood looking right at me !

Superb! :clap:
Sadly if I tried that in my garden the only shot I'd get is of Greebo the malevolent ginger b***ard murdering it :shake:

Wow, must be a great feeling to have that patience rewarded, superb set(y)

Funny .... It's not normally a bird that has a foot fetish. :cautious:

:naughty:

:LOL:

Great shots glo (seriously!). (y)

Amazing Photos - I have to ask, how much bird seed have you used to tame that bird :D

Thanks again for the comments.(y)
Had the little darling on my bonce today.... all I could think was dont you dare ****!!!! :LOL:

Funny .... It's not normally a bird that has a foot fetish. :cautious:

:naughty:

:LOL:

Great shots glo (seriously!). (y)

Oh! I dont know Gary ... try Googling Ballet Boots! :naughty:

Amazing Photos - I have to ask, how much bird seed have you used to tame that bird :D

Nooooo!!! not seed .... waxworms! :D

step aside CT, we've got a new master in the house ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL: at CT & Dod!

In my dreams eh guys!

Just goes to show, they litereally have to land on me before I get a decent shot! :LOL:

Btw CT, I do a mean pedi, & I have a fabulous selection of colours for summer toes! :D ;)

Back