Heard of this brand?

Edit My Images
No
Hello!

Cleaning out the garage yesterday (You wouldnt believe how much cr@p one family can accumulate :cautious:) I found a lens with the name TOPCON. Now i've never heard of this brand before but lens was in its own case the zoom mechanism is buttery smooth and its got a built in hood that slides forward. Its also got a 49mm UV filter which is branded "Aroma" Japan.

The front of the lens reads the following:

UV TOPCOR
1:4
f = 135mm
TOKYO KOGAKU

Anyone heard of this brand? Are these good lenses?...Or can I just toss this on the heap with the rest of the rubbish :thinking:

Thanks in advance! (y)

Topcon1.jpg

There is a company currently working in the construction industry offering GPS systems, optical and digital levels by the name of TopCon. No idea if they're related, but both would appear to produce glass for their products.

Hard to say! Some of the early Vivitar Series 1 lenses were classics.

This isn't one of them! It might be quite nice, what mount is it, take some shots with it :)

Looks like a 42mm screw thread, it would need an adaptor to fit your camera but isn't likely to be worth the bother though it has a very large aperture for 135mm. As puddleduck says some vivitar series 1 lenses were good, but the rest were nothing to write home about.

Back