weekly HeartandSoul 52 in 2019 Challenge Week 115,16,17,18,19,20: Above, Hot,Light,Crowd(ed), Decay, Snappers Choice added

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
Lovely image Mandy!

The natural lighting is fantastic and the background works really well....it has the feel of an image that took a long time to set up, so knowing it was relatively quick is all the more impressive!
Nice work Mandy!(y)

The cat object looks great against the black background, so good choice there. Cheers.

Like your shot for Object. A very nice natural lighting shot and the roll of black paper works really well as the BG.

Mandy, I like the off centre shot. The natural lighting works
Object

Who doesn't love a smiley cat - nicely done and works well for the theme

Thanks all for stopping by and taking the time to comment..

Object
I like the textures in the wood, I think you could have shot portrait and lost a bit of the negative space. Good light too.
I think you are right , I should have used portrait mode, actually never occurred to me at the time.

Hi Mandy, great subject, I love bubbles! Very well taken with some nice colours in there with some nice shapes and structure to the bubbles.
Thankyou

Brilliant take on Wet, fantastic colours in the bubbles
Thankyou for taking the time to look and comment.

Love the colours on the closest bubble! Great image Mandy (y)
Thanks Carl
Great shot for wet. Very creative idea. I keep looking at different areas on it - there's so much detail in there.
Thanks for the nice comment.
I really like this Mandy. Loads of patience in trying to get the perfect set of bubbles. Very colourful
I just loved doing this and blowing bubbles

Lovely image Mandy!
As has been said, the colours are amazing!
The details are terrific, and great use of DoF too.
Marvellous!(y)
Thankyou
Hi Mandy, that's a cute little cat ornament for Object and the simple style and setting show off the colour and shape very nicely, while the bubbles in Wet are full of great details and lovely rainbows (y)
Thanks Andrea
Hi Mandy ....lots of lovely colours captured in those bubbles, they're good fun aren't they :)
Thanks Susie, they are great fun. Will certainly do more.
Wet
I like the bubbles, not something I would have thought to do.
Thankyou
Wet - Really like the colours in there Mandy some lovely details too.
Thanks Mark

Even though you can make out the reflection, I think this is a cracking image Mandy. Great colours and nicely sharp.
Thanks Dave
Terrific, simple image Mandy.
I like the colours, and there's super detail in the petals.
The dark background really makes the colours pop nicely.
Nice work Mandy, hope the move goes well.(y)
Thanks Gareth
Mandy, the bubbles are great, colours, framing really work
The rose works well with the background, the angle works quite nice
Thank you Chris

Hi Mandy,

Object - Nice rice colours to the wood there and the graduated, not quite black background avoids any 'floaty' feel (y)
Wet - Great rainbows :) Just don't drink it through the straw (yuck).
Free Week - Very nice. Good use of diagonals and the complementary red and greens work nicely together.

I like this image. Nice dark background to contrast the flower. I think I would have either cropped to lose the single leaf or just pulled it off

Hi Mandy

Object - The natural lighting works well, and there's enough background to keep the object grounded whilst not being distracting.
Wet - The focus is perfect, clearly picking out the outline of the bubbles in the front. I really like the rainbow reflection with the tadpole shapes, fascinating.
Free week - I like the subtle reflection! I hadn't noticed the amount of detail in the petals until I looked at it on Flickr. I know you were going for SOOC but I'd have liked to see it with the saturation turned up to try and make the flower pop a bit more.

Free image.
Like the image here. If the stem was short enough? pulling back a weeny bit and not chopping it off would have topped off a good image. If the stem was not viable to do this then placing it in the corner was a great plan too.

Well done

Three good shots for your catch up.
All on theme. The bike is very good against the brick wall.
Steak and kidney pie, chips and peas? Now when was the last time I had that?
Cheers Mandy.

Major catch up from me. Have been way too far behind. From my reckoning I need to complete Week 14: Smooth and this week Week21: Whole. Will start thinking again.

Week 15: Above
Up up and away by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

Week 16: Hot

Hot chocolate by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

Week17: Light

Light by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

Week 18: Crowd(ed)

Crowds on the Pier by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

week 19: Decay and technique macro

Decaying Rose by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

week 20: Snappers Choice (green) and technique Macro
Green is the colour by Heart&Soul, on Flickr

Fantastic work on the catch up Mandy!:clap:
Above: Smashing image....love the clouds, and fits the theme nicely.
Hot: Great colours here, and I especially like how you got the reflections of the lights on the shiny table....clever framing!
Light: Crisp and simple that works very well as a mono - nice processing!
Crowded: Lovely image with terrific sharpness front to back. Super, deep colours too....nice!
Decay: Stunning macro image! Spot on focus....right where it needs to be, and those colours and tones....just wonderful, my favourite image of the set!
Free: Likewise with above, very nice macro, and I like the little critters in there too....fascinating!

Back