Heathrow or Thief Row?

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been quietly saving, bit by bit, for a Sigma 10-20.
Just over half way there....... and this morning, when my husband was delivering at Heathrow at 5am, he had his TomTom 710 and his mobile phone knicked from the van. :(

He cant claim on insurance because this was a one off time he didnt lock the door when he walked over to find out why there was such a long wait for dropping off. He delivers all hours day and night, and always locks.
Unbelievable!

So now its every bit of money to get a new Tomtom (he really needs one with all the deliveries all over the country). I am going to give him my money I'd saved for my lens...... the tomtom is more important as it's for work.

He is having to borrow my phone for 3 days till his new sim card arrives and hope we dont lose any work thought it.

Makes you wonder how people can do something like that....I just cant get my head round it........it completely disrupts peoples lives. :crying:

Sorry to hear that Janice. Some people just don't care about the fact that others work hard for what they have or what the consequencies will be for the poor victims. I'd try for a claim anyway but I suppose even if the insurance company won't pay out the insurance renewal will carry extra risk next time. The Law abiding citizens of this world just can't win.
Hopefully you will win the lottery or something to replace the TomTom and phone and pay for the camera stuff you want too.
Was the theft reported, surely they must have CCTV. Maybe the thief's movements can be traced.

Thanks for your thoughts. Apparently the CCTV is all over the delivery area but there was a queue and it goes round the corner when there is a long wait....which isnt covered. :(

Sorry to hear that Janice. If you need another phone then I have some spares. They're locked to O2 or 3 but can be easily unlocked at many shops. Post office will be shut now but I could try to get them in the post on monday if you like.

PM me if you need one.

Kev

What a bummer Janice, never a good time for these things to happen… but if fate would have waited just a little longer eh.

Daft thing is, aren’t all the those devices ‘switchoffable’ if reported stolen…making it useless to the scum… maybe just the new ones like that.

Feel for you, lens is even further away now. :( :thumbsdown:

Sounds to me like a very lucky scumbag or someone who has done his homework and knew they wouldn't get caught on camera. Still worth reporting though, it may mean someone else wont have the same misfortune and the scum get caught.
I dare say with the way this country is going if your husband had caught the scum he'd have been the one getting in trouble with the law because he'd have acted on the scum's civil liberty or human rights.

Sorry to hear this Janice.
I would say more on the subject but it will just turn into a rant about law and order etc..

Aww Janice ... :hug:

What a pita for your husband, and such a shame that it wll knock back your lens buy.
More and more these days we seem to be surounded by low lifes and opportunists thieves, as all sense of common decency towards one another appears to be in such short supply in our society.

I was telling a friend about Carole (Photostar) having her gear nicked, and as we sat discussing it, we beagn to add up how many people we knew, including ourselves who had been robbed, mugged, physically attacked, or knew someone who had been murdered. Its scarey that I could say I was close to someone who had been in every one of those situations!
Just a few years ago, it was the sort of thing that didnt happen to 'average people' now the low-life scum around us seem to touch all of us at some point.

Feel sorry for your hubby, he must be really kicking himself for not locking the door. Hope it doesnt disrupt work too much and that it doesnt take you too much longer to get your lens.

Sorry to hear that Janice,:( i really hate people who do that, SCUM!! should have their bits chopped off!!!! let me at 'em ....:boxer: :annoyed: :boxer:

Thanks guys. The really annoying bit is that his phone is just a really old crappy scratched one....whenever he gets an upgrade he gives it to the children.

No-one would be able to sell it, so why the hell did they bother?
Took his bluetooth headset too. :razz:

Bad break Janice ... sorry to hear about that ... and you giving up your lens for a bit too ... very generous ... ;)

Scumbags every last one ... :razz: ... not a lot else one can add really ... :shrug:

I have a NavMan pocket PC style SatNav thingy I am not using right now ... if it's of any use in the short term ... :shrug:

Hope you get sorted soon ... :D

:p

Sorry to hear about this Janice. These delivery drivers have it hard enough without this happening. Not much else to add that hasnt been said above.

Sorry to hear that Janice. PC World are sell the Tomtom One (new version)for 80 quid if it's any help?

Thanks for your offers guys.

I think he's decided to go for a 510 as it does all the speed cameras etc....invaluable when you are driving all day every day.

Thanks again for your comments. (y)

Here's hoping they get an infection :)

.....a very painful, hideously disfiguring one, which cannot be caught by anyone other than theives and scumbags!

I REALLY feel for you both :hug: I wish there was something I could do, other than think about you both and wish you well. I'll cast a very evil curse onto the perpitrator.......Hope all his bits drop off!!

Dont you have to buy the speedcam databases if they dont come pre-installed?

B'stards :(

I also have a load of Famous voices for all Tomtoms as well as thousands of "Points of interest" as well.

Send me a pm with your address and I will send you a dvd if you would like.

It'd be the guy in the van/truck queued up behind your husband.

I have a free lifetime subscription to the excellent pocketgps speed camera database :)

I think I also have an unused bluetooth headset kicking round somewhere.

Sorry to hear of this misfortune, but what a friendly and helpful crowd there are on this forum. Hope he gets it sorted son and it is a lesson to all of us.

Poor you. You have my sympathies.... and my help in beating the poop out of the gits if you find em

tough break, far too much of this sort of thing going on these days

I can't add much to what has already been said, other than to say that I'm so sorry to hear what happened :hug:

Sorry to hear of this Janice :(

Hope you get it all sorted soon ........... the lens will still be available in the future i'm sure :D

You are very generous giving up your lens for his tomtom especially when he contributed by not locking the door. I wouldn't have, sorry, but when it comes to my photography I'm a hard hearted b***h

If I was you though I'd have a look on eBay. Both for a new one and for yours!

You are very generous giving up your lens for his tomtom especially when he contributed by not locking the door. I wouldn't have, sorry, but when it comes to my photography I'm a hard hearted b***h

Well its a case of the tomtom being necessary for work, and the lens being a luxury item that really isnt necessary.:)

Thank you all for your kind offers of help, there is a PM for you Hypnotic and Kev Mills. :)

I am realy sorry to hear about that,it is like being kicked in the gut when something like this happens:crying:

Thanks Chewy..... Kev Mills is very kindly giving me a use mobile for Roger,
and we are very grateful for all your offers.

What a fantastic forum this is. (y)

Back