Heavy -10 frost

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
It's years since i've seen everything turn white under a heavy frost such as we've had overnight.
c+c welcome, ta.

twotreesinfog.jpg

Phoneboxfrost.jpg

Asgarbychurch.jpg

Asgarbyfences.jpg

BWpost.jpg

twingated.jpg

very nice set

I particularly like #3 , where is it ?
Thanks mate, it's all around the Sleaford area really, Bloxholm, Swarby, Asgarby & Leasingham.
I wouldn't normally but the weather has helped enhance some parts luckily :)

#3 is a great shot, seems a little yellowy tint though.

Did a quick re-edit, i did move the slider to the right, a no no really as it's an image that should be cold and not warmed up. Thanks Mr Gas for that it really did need doing (y)

DSC_4892_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:
A great set but number 3 for me also. Love the sweep of the road taking you to the church. Hope youve thawed out after taking all those.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate it and i think it was worthwhile braving the elements, even if i did keep the car ticking over with the heater full on :D

I'm sure that technically #5 could be ripped to bits but I really like it.
#3 is too brown/yellow but looks good for some added colour, lovely composition.
Good set but get a scarf and turn your car off to add some 'Green' to them :)

Like No 5, but my personal opinion is that it would benefit from more contrast and some dodging and burning.

Had a quick 2 min play.........

frostypost.jpg

Like No 5, but my personal opinion is that it would benefit from more contrast and some dodging and burning.

Had a quick 2 min play.........

frostypost.jpg

(y) I like that, nice one Lynton, i wish i could dodge and burn, i think me needs to look on youtube :)

These are all superb! I love this kind of frost, such a amzing effect to capture. All the images here are good, and it's hard to choose one, but I like the phone box for the muted colours and contrast. Dodge and burn seems to be a good process to experiment with. Any advice on this?

I quite like #5 too simple as it is. Original version for me. Adding blacks loses the coldness.

These are all superb! I love this kind of frost, such a amzing effect to capture. All the images here are good, and it's hard to choose one, but I like the phone box for the muted colours and contrast. Dodge and burn seems to be a good process to experiment with. Any advice on this?

Thanks (y)

RobertP said:
I quite like #5 too simple as it is. Original version for me. Adding blacks loses the coldness.

Thanks Robert, actually you are right, if it's black and mirky that can exhibit just a damp and overcast day but it was a very bright hoar frost as the camera recorded approx 100% correctly !

Yet another vote for #5. I like the original and also Lyntons edit but agree with the edit being slightly dark, its a shame to lose some of the detail on the darker areas of the post.

Yet another vote for #5. I like the original and also Lyntons edit but agree with the edit being slightly dark, its a shame to lose some of the detail on the darker areas of the post.

yep fair point - i did push it too far....

Another vote for No3 here! Superb!! Nice set.

I like the first one as the white trees blend in with the white background.. I love heavy frost like this, but don't see it often..
Thanks, you're right i reckon a hoarfrost in most of England happens 3 times in a lifetime ? i'm 43 and i've seen 2, hope i'm wrong.

Another vote for No3 here! Superb!! Nice set.

Thanks a lot Andy, probably my best set on TP so far, all down to mainly
the weather i think :p lovin it !

Yes, number 3 is the one for me - in B&W. Has a classic winter feel about it.

3 is very good, would like to see the same shot in all four seasons. looks an amazing landscape

Yes, number 3 is the one for me - in B&W. Has a classic winter feel about it.

Nice set - Clearly need to get up earlier in the morning!!

like them wish i could be so inspired but its too cold for me

A nice set that make the most of the conditions but no 3 is streets ahead IMHO

lovely set of shots! (y)

3 is very good, would like to see the same shot in all four seasons. looks an amazing landscape

#5 for me, really like the minimalist approach on it.

I'd also like to see #3 in B&W...

Cheers.

Thanks peeps (y)

Great shots with #2 & #5 being my favourites. I liked Lynton's version of #5 until I went back to yours and felt you conveyed the frosty morning weather better.

Back