Helicopter used in anger

Edit My Images
No
Took these at a classic scramble a bit back.
MO2Q1711.jpg

MO2Q1713.jpg

MO2Q1717.jpg

MO2Q1727.jpg

Love the heat haze coming from the engine exhausts on pic 2 :D

Bit confused about the title......used in anger??

Excellent series.

I would guess its a training publicity event? thats only going by the fact that there is another photographer in a high vis jacket in one shot, and that would be some luck have two togs right where a heli is about to land.

ah, now I get. I thought scramble was being used in terms of police helicopter use (I watch too much police docu soap things) when they "Scrammble the helicopter" - Bike scrambling makes much more sense :D

Reminds me of the time when I was covering a footie match and an air amby flew in a few fields across. I pegged it across them all with my 100-300 attached to my monopod and my lowepro mini trekker 200 swinging around my back. Fell over a few times killing a load of crop. Couldnt stop worrying that I would recieve a few hundred shotgun shots in my behind. Got there eventually, huffing and puffing getting some, what I can only view as average shots. Was dissapointing, now I send 5 hours a week in the gym, hoping that next time it happens I wont be too knackered to frame a shot.

Good times,...

it just looked a bit odd because there is a lot of heat haze when its landing and hardly any when it is taking off.. also looks weird that it doesnt cover the winglets at the back.. but i take your word for it

:) Its real. You cant see the exhaust haze on take of because there's far more pitch (thrust) from the rotor, dispersing the exhaust haze :)

also looks weird that it doesnt cover the winglets at the back..

the haze wouldnt cover the rear winglets as there lower then the exhaust exit. particurly on landing as they come down tail first..

Back