Hello from a keen amateur

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've always enjoyed taking photographs as an amateur since I first started using cameras. Only in the last few years have I started to appreciate the more technical side of photography, previously it was just point and shoot and hope for the best.

With having a family, I have spent a lot of time behind the lens taking family snaps and location shots while on holiday but as my children are now in their teens they want to do their own thing instead of going outside. This invariably means them spending time with a boyfriend or playing videogames, while I go out to take pictures.

Last year I bought a second hand dSLR, a Nikon D5000 and love it but want to get more out of it. I also love using my Lumix TZ40 travel compact camera, I spend a lot of time in the creative filter mode and shooting video. I enjoy a mixture of street, landscape and wildlife photography. And I would love to get into portraits but feel too self conscious and reserved about asking.

I'm looking to expand my photography and see where that takes me.

Hi Steven :welcome: to the forum

Nice intro ;)

Hi Steven, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hi there Steve and welcome
welcome.gif

Back