Hello from Cheltenham

Name
Frank
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,
I'm a retired builder with bad knees, I mention the knees so you'll understand it is difficult for me to walk for long periods on uneven ground (so mountain views are out of the question).
I've been reading the forum for a couple of weeks and finally decided to register.
Last Christmas my wife got fed up with me hanging around with nothing to do and bought me Canon EOS 650D fitted with a 15-55mm lens and about 2 months ago I got brave enough to use it.
Have just bought the 55-250 ef-s lens also but I'm an absolute beginner at all this DSLR stuff and a little confused so I'm going to need lots of help.
I've opened a Flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99041084@N03/) to store some shots where people can see them but need to read up on how to do this on the forum.

Welcome to TP, Frank.

Your knees will not make it easy to kneel down to take shots. Portable lightweight seat can be a great help.

Dougie

Welcome aboard Frank and glad that you decided to join up.
Plenty of help and advice to be had around here - I'd suggest starting off in Talk Basics with any questions you have until you 're fully up and running, but we're a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to jump in with some photos either. No better way to learn than actually getting out there with the camera.

p.s. If you'd like to add a link to your Flickr account as a banner type thingy in your signature (you'll see quite a few members sporting them) there's a helpful tutorial here.

Hello Frank, welcome to the nicest forum on the interweb :wave:

Pull up a seat and get stuck in fella- plenty to see and do here

Les (y)

Back