Talk Photography Day 2013

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Can you believe it is that time of year again already? Time to start making a note in your diary, time to remember to check the time/date on your cameras, time to ponder if this will be the year that you get up very early [or stay up very late].

Yes, it is time to start planning your contribution to TalkPhotography Day 2013.

This will be the 4th year we have done this and every year we have increased the contributions from you, the members, the people that make TP the fantastic place it is. Every year we have showcased what this forum is about - photography at every level, from absolute beginners to those that are so experienced they have forgotten half of what they knew [though that might be age or alcohol related in fairness :naughty: ]

So for those that are newer to the forum, or have somehow managed to miss previous TP Days, here is what it is about.

We are asking as many of you as possible to take a photo on the same day, at any time of day, from midnight to midnight. It can be of anything you want, something that means something to you, that represents your photography day and when added to everyone else's, will represent and showcase a day in the life of Talk Photography and it's vast wealth of people and places.
The photos you take will all be added to a slide show that will show a day in the life of Talk Photography and its membership. To give you an idea, HERE is last years video of all the photos.

So, the details for you for this year. We have consulted with the calendar, checked the alignment of the stars, spoke with Simon Cowell, bought in extra food for the hamster and have come up with the date, which this year is... *drum roll*

Saturday 31st August

We think this is a great date for TP Day 2013 simply because it is a weekend and could be thought of as the last day of summer, so a great way to round the summer off. You might even want to use this as your 'theme' for your photograph, but that is not obligatory.

What To Do

1 - Note this day in your diaries
2 - Please synch your cameras to GMT+1 [as in, current UK time, British Summer Time], if possible using THIS site - this will make organising the photos into chronological order afterwards much easier.
3 - Make sure you take some photos on Saturday 31st and as this is 24 hours of TP, we would love images from all times of the day, so if you fancy an early start, or late finish, please, please do!
4 - Post your one photo to the submissions thread that will posted nearer the time.

What Happens Afterwards

1 - We will give you a few weeks to get all your submissions posted on to the thread.
2 - You will then be asked to email a high res version of the photo to us at an email address that will be added soon.
3 - We will create a 'mini-site' on the TP server that will host a slide show of all your amazing photos from across the day, in the order they were taken to hopefully show the day passing from dark to light and back to dark - 24 hours of TalkPhotography

Some Things to Note

This is NOT a competition, it is about having some fun and being part of this amazing community. It doesn't matter if you have owned a camera for a week or a lifetime, everyone is welcome, nay, encouraged to take part. The more members that take part, the bigger and better it will be and the more representative of the forum it will be. On that basis, if you want to add a link to this thread in your signature, please do, the more people that see it and take part, the better.

• It is ONE entry per member, though of course we hope you will use the day to get out with your cameras and take lots of photos that you can share in the other forum areas.
  • There are no rules about processing, you can edit as much as you want/need, the only thing we would ask you avoid is anything that is NSFW please.
  • Only emailed files will be added to the slide show
  • Please don't watermark your emailed images - your forum name and, if you wish, your real name [not business name] will be displayed with your image in the slideshow
  • By emailing your image, you are granting TP permission to use the image in the TP Day 2013 slideshow
  • THIS thread/opening post will be updated with relevant information at the appropriate times, so please refer to it if you need to
  • Please only use this thread for discussion, a submissions thread will be created to post your TP Day 2013 photographs
  • Remember, this is meant to be fun, so while we will do our very best to get everything right, please don't take umbrage if you feel something is wrong, just use the contact us link to lets us know you have spotted a problem

.....and finally.... each year we have looked at the possibility of creating a book from the images but so far we have never managed to get a good price that is fair to ask of any of you. We will be looking at it again this year, but we are not making any promises on this, though if any of you have a beneficial contact, do please have a word ;)

UPDATE: Thanks to Simmotino we have a small sig banner to add to your forum signature, those of you that would be so kind (y)

if you add the following code to your sig, it will make the banner a clickable link to this thread - BUT you MUST replace 'r' in the first url tab and the 'm' in the first img tag for it to work - I have put dashes in to stop it autolinking :nuts:

[u-l=http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=492845][i-g]http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/2138/tp_day_2013_sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Update: The photosharing thread is now ready, you can find it HERE

UPDATE:

We need you photos emailing to the address below

Important!! Please send files that are full size/resolution jpgs and give them your forum user name as the image file name. So for example, mine would be Yv.jpg

Send to: tpday13@talkphotography.co.uk

Thankyou

Latest Update [Sept 20th] - Everyone, could you please have your TP Day photos emailed by next Saturday - 28th September - please, as I would like to make a nice round circle and launch the slideshow on the last day of September if we can. Thankyou!

I did it last year and will do it again this year. We are due our first baby the next day, 1st September, so could be interesting times!
Everyone please make the effort to participate to make this year a really big one.

oops, sorry, my bad, its a Saturday.... which was kinda the point... :bonk: Do you know how many times I proof read that? :LOL:

:snigger: But the OP says Saturday, or was that a super-secret edit that doesn't show up?

Looking forward to the date, whichever day it falls on - firstly because we'll be almost guaranteed sunshine:cool:, secondly because I may well use a disposable camera for the shot:olympus: (IIRC, the dates are suitable) and thirdly because the date marks the first anniversary of the MRI scan that basically saved my life(y)!

Finally, this deserves an :yv: ...

Sounds great.... I'm in.

Can we shoot on film and convert to jpeg, or will this cause problems as it wont show the time the photo was taken?

Sounds great.... I'm in.

Can we shoot on film and convert to jpeg, or will this cause problems as it wont show the time the photo was taken?

You can, but it would useful if while converting you could embed the time taken info. I will also be asking people to name the file with some of that info too, so hopefully, it can all work (y)

oops, sorry, my bad, its a Saturday.... which was kinda the point... :bonk: Do you know how many times I proof read that? :LOL:

Once?:tumbleweed:

Will put a reminder on the phone and see if I can come up with anything half decent(y)

(y)

The dates are different to the disposable challenge, deliberately, though of course you may have film you want to finish off anyway. ;)

:bang::bonk::thinking:
Dunno why I thought they overlapped! I knew we were away for some of the disposable dates and I know we're away for the 31st August so I must have made 2+2=10 (and not in base 4...)

Hmm, this will be the last day of my holiday. I'll try and get something in before we have to come home!

I've checked my rota... and had a chat with my manager, I am officially unavailable to work that day :D so I'm in

Im in again this year ;)

Hopefully, ill manage a better shot this time around :p

Right, we've got seven weeks to come up with something suitably silly, so get to work!
TP_IMG_0923.jpg

Right, we've got seven weeks to come up with something suitably silly, so get to work!

I have a wedding (as a guest), I'm going to see if I can sneak some mod larvae in ;) lol

:LOL:

I must pester the hell out of ask Marcel nicely to change the homepage banner, perhaps shouting about this and the Idiot behind the Lens challenge too!

Wasn't there a "sig" that a lot of people were using last year?

I will give it a go :)

Im in!, as i also was last year, right thinking time.....lasers lights and fire suddenly spring to mind!

Im in!, as i also was last year, right thinking time.....lasers lights and fire suddenly spring to mind!

Setting fire to your hospital ward is likely to be frowned on :LOL:

(needless to say i'm in - for the day that is not Darrel's NHS arson plan)

Setting fire to your hospital ward is likely to be frowned on :LOL:

(needless to say i'm in - for the day that is not Darrel's NHS arson plan)

Actually i could possibly implement sonething along those lines, as the old coventry hospital is almost flat now only a few part building still remain.
Cheers for the inspiration!!!!

Back