Hello from Edinburgh

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone :wave:. I'm Steve from Edinburgh and new to this forum. I've joined because I'm confused and looking for help / opinion / clarity. Here's my problem ... I was a Canon fanboy for years with the 5DMkII and 24-70mm f2.8L II being my absolute go to combo. I then started shooting more video indoors so switched everything to Sony A7 Mk II after reading a bunch of good reviews about low light capabilities. (It was also lighter which I liked).

However, and here's my problem. I just hated the menu system ... just didn't know where anything was. So this year I switched back to Canon (6D) but now I have a problem with size and weight of the gear, I got used to lighter, smaller kit.

So to get to the point ... I'm looking for compact (possibly mirrorless) with the quality of canon lenses, lightless of Sony but with a really good menu system.

I hear good things about Fuji XT series but have never used them. I shoot indoor portraits (with lights) and street photography mostly.

Any help would be greatly received. Thanks so much.

Hi Steve, I hope you enjoy the forum :welcome:

I love Edinburgh, we often go for short trips.

I shoot with a Fuji X-T2 after years of Canon gear. I don't look back! Nice and light, excellent glass.
:fuji:

Thanks Jak. I hear good things about the X-T2 - my brother has an X-T20 and absolutely loves it. I think I need to check it out further, the glass was a concern as I just love Canon glass.

I don't think you will have an issue with Fuji glass, I think it easily matches Canon glass.

Are there any must-have fuji lenses? I loved my Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II - is there a Fuji equivalent in your opinion ?

Hi Steve, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

welome fella - enjoy :) :) I have several Sony camera's including the a7ii and I love the menu and the image quality is superb

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Back