Hello from Herefordshire

Messages
2
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I’m Shutz, based in Herefordshire, UK, and I’ve recently joined Talk Photography because I’ve decided it’s time to properly learn how to use my camera rather than just point it at things and hope for the best!

I’ve recently bought a Sony A6400, and I’m working my way through the basics — aperture, shutter speed, exposure and, eventually, getting my head around all the other buttons and settings.

I’m particularly interested in travel, landscapes, architecture, food and general everyday photography. My wife and I are planning to make the most of retirement with plenty of travelling, so I’d like to come home with better photographs than “here we are standing in front of the thing.”

I’m very much a learner at the moment, but I’m enjoying the process. I’ve started deliberately taking the same subject at different apertures and shutter speeds to see what actually happens rather than just reading about it.

I’m hoping to learn from everyone here, get some constructive criticism and, most importantly, take better photographs.

Looking forward to getting involved and seeing what everyone else is shooting.

Cheers,

Shutz
 
Hi Paul, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"
 
Hi everyone,

I’m Shutz, based in Herefordshire, UK, and I’ve recently joined Talk Photography because I’ve decided it’s time to properly learn how to use my camera rather than just point it at things and hope for the best!

I’ve recently bought a Sony A6400, and I’m working my way through the basics — aperture, shutter speed, exposure and, eventually, getting my head around all the other buttons and settings.

I’m particularly interested in travel, landscapes, architecture, food and general everyday photography. My wife and I are planning to make the most of retirement with plenty of travelling, so I’d like to come home with better photographs than “here we are standing in front of the thing.”

I’m very much a learner at the moment, but I’m enjoying the process. I’ve started deliberately taking the same subject at different apertures and shutter speeds to see what actually happens rather than just reading about it.

I’m hoping to learn from everyone here, get some constructive criticism and, most importantly, take better photographs.

Looking forward to getting involved and seeing what everyone else is shooting.

Cheers,

Shutz
Welcome Shutz!
 
Hi and welcome to the forum, enjoy ;)
 
I have a Sony A6600 which can capture excellent images. The one problem I have is that you can unintentionally touch one or more of the buttons on the back and thus unintentionally change the settings. I recently spoke to a Sony rep expecting him to say I just need to buy the A6700 but he told me that it is a problem for the entire series. When going on a photoshoot, I set the camera in detail then regularly check and correct throughout the shoot. I am tempted to replace the camera but I get excellent IQ and the focussing is excellent.

Dave
 
Back
Top