hello from me in staffs

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
hello. i'm just getting into dslr photography with a canon 600d and the 18-55mm lens for now. i'm hoping to get a 10-22mm soon as it would suit me more.
i'm just a novice, not expecting expert shots but just want a bit more control over images I could take with my compact panny lumix tz4.
what makes things incredibly difficult for me is I only have the use of 1 arm, hand, so any adjustments, even zoom length, I have to put the camera down somewhere to adjust.
a compact was better, easier to use for myself, but just limiting in what I want to do.
I am completely hopeless with photoshop and just use Picasso if I need to straighten images or crop them.
I have a good interest, and am hoping to learn much from the forum.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum,may I suggest a Tripod could help in your situation ;)

Enjoy it here we're all nice and friendly

Les :welcome:

:welcome:Hi from Norfolk

thank you all for the welcome, ooops I got carried away on reading the forum and thinking my compact was a panny leica, not the lumix that it really is. :oops: :$
i'm sure you all realised that for me. *fixed now lol

may I suggest a Tripod could help in your situation ;)

Les :welcome:

a tripod is not much use for me unfortunately les, i use a wheelchair too, that gets in the way of these things. I have a cheap monopod which I have to set up height wise before I go anywhere, I really am so restricted in shots I can get, but hey, it gives me something to do as a hobby. I tend to put the pod base on my footplate, and rest the pole against the chair while I use the shutter. I am looking for a better monopod, and to attach a bilora head like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360798998...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_928wt_1141 the head allows full movement by squeezing the trigger, which should help me big time :)

Last edited:
Hi :wave:

Welcome to TP (y)

Look forward to seeing some of your work (y)

thanks dave, after seeing all the fantastic images on the forum, i'm not sure if I could justify any of my 'snaps' on here.
time and confidence may change that, I hope

thank you all for the welcome, ooops I got carried away on reading the forum and thinking my compact was a panny leica, not the lumix that it really is. :oops: :$
i'm sure you all realised that for me. *fixed now lol

a tripod is not much use for me unfortunately les, i use a wheelchair too, that gets in the way of these things. I have a cheap monopod which I have to set up height wise before I go anywhere, I really am so restricted in shots I can get, but hey, it gives me something to do as a hobby. I tend to put the pod base on my footplate, and rest the pole against the chair while I use the shutter. I am looking for a better monopod, and to attach a bilora head like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360798998...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_928wt_1141 the head allows full movement by squeezing the trigger, which should help me big time :)

Have a browse on this site -http://www.cameragrip.co.uk/acatalog/Mounting_Brackets___Clamps.html

I use one of these ( SC1 - Superclamp With Ball Leveller) to mount the camera and 500mm lens onto my land-rover when I'm out and abut ( Game Keeper) = maybe something on there could be of some use?

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
indeed there is les. I think you've pointed me in the direction of what I have wanted, but didn't know if there was such a thing. the 237KIT

indeed there is les. I think you've pointed me in the direction of what I have wanted, but didn't know if there was such a thing. the 237KIT

we live and learn fella- Glad to be of help

Les ;)

Back