South-East England Hello from Milton Keynes

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone

I've finally decided to join here after hiding in the shadows for so long. Seen as though every Google search brings me to this forum why not join hey!

I'm a 24 year old amateur automotive photographer from Milton Keynes / Bedfordshire, focussing primarily on the modified car scene but looking to learn other skills in other areas of photography. I have dabbled in landscapes etc but have always felt right at home with my passion and love for all things cars! I have been using DSLRs properly since October 2016 all cameras I had before that I just sat them in auto and never thought about post processing, but within my first year I have learnt so much. I've met a lot of people on the way and made some great friends, which I'm hoping this forum can help with too!

I'm currently using a Nikon d700 with 50mm f1.8g prime as my go to setup. Have had many camera and lens combinations but so far this is my favourite. I'm slowly looking into paid work to fund newer equipment but for now, this seems to fulfill my needs just fine.

I shoot show coverage for an automotive lifestyle brand in social media and this has really helped me build my confidence as a photographer and get noticed more.

My next venture with automotive photography is to make myself a car rig, and then hopefully start to learn about the world of flash photography for cars. I have had a go at light painting before and have been pleased with the results, but prefer the more refined look of strobes.

Thanks for having me [emoji4] and feel free to check out my Instagram page @jamierobinphoto

Last edited:
Hi Jamie, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi Jamie, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".
Thanks alot! Yes I will make sure to post some images. Would it be worth while putting them in this post for now until I get to grips with the forum? [emoji848]

Thanks alot! Yes I will make sure to post some images. Would it be worth while putting them in this post for now until I get to grips with the forum? [emoji848]

This section of TP is really just for welcomes Sir, you'd be much better off posting images in the sections labelled with whatever the photo is about ie Landscape, Macro, Portraits, General etc etc.(y)

George.

Welcome to the forum Jamie, nice intro :welcome:

Back