Hello From West Sussex

Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanted to say hi, and thank you for accepting me.

I was shooting on auto on my old Konica Minolta 5D until it died in late 2018 whilst on honeymoon in the Maldives, I looked at my photos post holiday and felt dissapointed at the colour saturation and felt that I never wanted to waste an opportunity again.

I decided to learn how to use a camera properly and spent a day with a friend of mine who was a portrait photographer and she allowed me to use both her crop sensor and full frame camera, I soon realised that her full frame was at that stage way beyond what I required or what my brain could cope with. I decided to pay that little bit extra for a crop sensor and invested in a Canon 80D and since then have not looked back.

Auto what's auto, oh its that switch that I no longer use now... I have attended workshops and now spend hours of my time planning where and what I want to shoot. I plot my visits with sunrise and sunset, tide charts etc, I have found a love for landscape and seascape photography esp long exposure. I can regularily be found on the beach with my flask. I have even gone to the extreme of buying a camper van just so I can get to the beautiful places I want to experience and not have to stay in hotels which is costing me fortune just for the alarm to go off at 04:30, or the adjacent rooms being hoovered at 11am when I have nipped back for a quick snooze before I go out again for blue hour and sunset.

I prefer to spend hours in situ, out in the fresh air getting my photos right in camera with my filters rather than hours sat at a laptop putting them right, that said I have in the last 2 weeks dowloaded PS & LR as I am now shooting RAW and completely seeing the virtues of doing so. PS & LR are going to take a while to learn me thinks. If anyone has any suggestions or hints and tips then please send them my way they will be greatly appreciated.

I have already got so much inspiration from reading the threads and posts on this forum, thank you once again Happy New Year and thanks for accepting me.

Hi Heather, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hello Heather, great intro, sounds like you have 'the bug' ;)

Get posting and I hope you enjoy yourself here :wave:

Hello Heather, great intro, sounds like you have 'the bug' ;)

Get posting and I hope you enjoy yourself here :wave:

Oh yes I definitely have the bug [emoji6], thank you for your comment.

Back