Hello guys, another newbie here.

M-J

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys.

Rather than lurking in the background for a while I decided to introduce myself straight away. My name is Melanie Jayne I am a teddy bear artist. I design and make one of a kind, collectable artist character teddy bears.

Here is a photograph of some of my work.

Picture013copy.jpg

I mainly sell my bears through my website, which means I need to photograph all my bears. For the last year I have only been using a Fuji finepix A360 to shoot my work, which has also meant a lot of photoshop editing and heaps of dud images. Anyway I have just bought a new Canon EOS 400D camera in the hope I can learn to take more professional looking photographs at the end of the day without customers physically seeing my bears at shows, photographs are my main advertisement, so I really need to work on making some major changes with my photography skills and hopefully I will make a start by reading the endless information on this forum, but admittedly I am a complete novice photographer and a lot of this technical stuff just goes way over my head :shrug: :shrug:

I hope to chat with you all soon
Lots of Love
Melanie Jayne

Hi Melanie Jayne. Plenty of people here that can offer you assistance if required. Welcome to the forums.

Hi the M-J - welcome along :)

Teddy bear artist :) Awesome job title.

Welcome to the forums :)

Hello M-J and :welcome: to the forum

Hi M-J, welcome to TP :wave:

:wave: Hi and Welcome on board M-J (y)

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Melanie ... enjoy while you're learning ... (y)

You may well be a 'novice' photographer ... like many others of us here ... but your Teddies are really super ... :clap:

:p

Hi M-J welcome to TP :wave:

Whereabouts in Lancashire are you ?

BTB Melanie ... your web site looks really good but you ought to do something about the search results imo ... a Google or Yahoo for teddy bears doesn't bring your site up in the first half dozen pages (unless I missed something) ... :shrug:

Just thought you should know ... as if you don't already ... :D

Of course if the search is for melanie jayne you appear TotL ... ;)

:p

Teddy Bear artist! Wish I had thought of that way back in the days when I was single and we used to make up jobs so when asked (usually by a lady) we had to reply with our "appointed" job. Funniest was Wheelchair Upholsterer. :)

Welcome to the forums MJ. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and would encourage you to just pitch in with a question as there is a large amount of experience here! (y)

:wave:

:welcome:

Hello and Welcome to TPF Melanie Jayne :wave:

welcome M-J! Nice site, nice bears..i can smell a TP limited edition...

(y) welcome (y)

Welcome Melanie. :wave:

What cool looking bears! :D

Thank you every one for your warm welcomes, they are most appreciated. :) :)

Strangely enough when I explain to people that I am a teddy bear artist most look at me with confusion as if I am making it up, while nearly everyone thinks I am soft in the head or something. So it’s not really a profession where a simple title will do, rather it needs a bit of explanation. Thanks also for your comments about my bears and website.

OK I have been doing the reading on here, but after looking at my camera and realising that I am in way over my head with it, I have got a feeling that I am going to need a great deal of help in the next few days when my next bear is completed and I attempt to take photographs of it with my camera. Admittedly I don’t even know where to start.

Once agin thank you for your welcomes
Lots of love
Melanie Jayne

Those bears look almost human, welcome aboard :)

Teddybears ....awwww

Hullo

:wave: Hello and welcome, my wife loves steif bears, I'll get her to look at your site!!

Back