Hello

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello. have been a long standing lover of photography and have been absent for a few years ever since getting a PC. Have had a play with digital photography using a Minolta Dimage S304 and have just decided to go the whole hog and have bought a Canon 30D. I am in the process of choosing a lens to go with the 18/55 mm kit lens, hopefully these forums will give me the hindsight needed to make the decision.
Cheers

Welcome Shorn :)

What type of photogrpahy subject do you favour - I'm sure you'll have many lens suggestions depending on your preferences and budget

:canon:

I like all types of photography, but I do love candids, I think I will be purchasing a 50mm lens first, budget is tight after buying the 30D but canon just sent me my £100 cash back so the 50mm 1.8 looks good to me. Would like the 1.4 but I think it's out of my reach for a good while yet.
and hello to you too :)

:welcome:

Hello and Welcome to TPF :wave:

:D

The 50mm 1.8 looks good to me.

:wave: Hi Shorn and welcome (y)

You'll see lots of posts on here about a member called Kerso - he sells Canon gear for superb prices through his ebay store. If you send him a PM through the forum or email to kerso1123@msn.com he'll do you a really good deal. He's currently doing the 50mm f1.8 for £60 delivered!

welcome!

Howdy :)

Just ordered my 50mm 1.8 - Cant wait for it to get here now!

Thanks for the friendly welcome :)
Am about to pm Kerso now :)
Anyone have anything to say about the 50mm 1.8 ?

the 50mm 1.8 is awesome - no frill / does exactly what is says on the tin / sharp image. Good luck fella

Hi Shorn

Thanks for your comments.

I too was looking at the nifty fifty but my sigma 105mm took me to the top end of my budget, but then also got a 70-300 whilst saving up, darn it why do I do that.

Enjoy

Andy

Why do I get the feeling that this forums is going to cost me money :):bonk:

Anyone have anything to say about the 50mm 1.8 ?

Feels like it's built by Fisher Price with a good handful of sand in the mechanism but you'll be amazed how sharp it is and the gorgeous DOF at 1.8

(y) welcome you will love the 50mm great lens (y)

Just like to say, I have viewed asnd joined many forums since buying the digital slr, but none have been as welcoming as here.
Thanks

Hello InaGlo, funnily enough I spent 5 weeks working as a beach photographer. I enjoyed every minute of it but I very rarely go to the beach even though I live a 10 min walk from the finest beaches in the South West.

Back