Hello

Edit My Images
Yes
I am new and a bit of a novice, I have recently joined a camera club and I am enjoying the experince I am gaining. I have a Nikon D70 with a 28 to 80mm lens I also have a 70 to 300 Cosina lens which I brought for my older SLR Nikon F55. I would like some advice on what lens would be best suited for portrait pictures inside with a back drop. The shots I am getting are okay but I have to say I am still using the automatic settings alot. I recently purchased a flash gun SB600 which is great again I know I am not using it to its full potential. Any advice would be a great help. :thinking:
By the way love the web site, I hope to introduce it to other members of the club.
Thanks in advance.
Anthony.

:wave: Hi Anthony, I'm a Canon user myself so i'll leave the specific camera advice to the Nikon guys here but the one piece of advice I would offer is to stop using your camera on auto - you won't progress unless you move to using apeture priority, shutter priority and when you're really feeling confident - full manual (y) Welcome to TPF

Hi Grendal
Thanks I have used the A and S modes but I always take the auto shots just in case, I still have alot to learn but I am enjoying it.

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Anthony ... (y)

Make more mistakes and learn from them ... use Manual ... ;)

SB600 is a fine choice ... this may help you understand it and it is less than a tenner ... > Speedlight Flash System

HTH ... ;)

:p

Hi Anthony and welcome along :wave:

:welcome:

Hello and Welcome :wave:

(y) welcome (y)

Hello :)

Take a shot with a foreground subject and distant background at different apertures use Aperture priority mode then compare the shots - you will start to get an idea of the difference choosing the right aperture can make to what is in focus and what isn't. lets you be more creative than the auto settings... you'll soon get used to it and stop using auto ;)

Hello and welcome

nice kit! i'd like a nikon.. . . welcome by the way :wave:

welcome!

Welcome to the family!!

We have a few nuts but few of us are currently under court orders and we are mostly allowed near small animals!
:naughty: :naughty: (y)

Back