Beginner Hello

Edit My Images
No
I'm not sure if this Is a right forum but I want to know if a 5d iii that is used only for shooting videos is worth buying as second hand for 1500$. Details is not complete as I want to ask opinions first thanks

Being totally ignorant when it comes to canon gear,
and to videos, I just passed by to:welcome: you! :cool:

Oh thanks. Just searching if some could tell me. I have an old 550d and its apsc just want to jump to ff but one that will last to me for long. Im just an amateur who wants to take portait photography a bit more serious

Difficult to go wrong with a full frame Canon or Nikon, but I think the early models of the 5d III had a problem with a light leak from the viewfinder, so may be good to check if this was fixed.

Also, mention that it's been only used for video suggests it's been used by a professional? So it may have had a hard life? Check for damage.

Main advantage of 'full frame' for portraits is more control over depth of field, but apsc isn't bad for this with the right lens. Imahe quality will be similar to most decent new 'non pro' bodies. For the same money you could get a nice new apsc body or some lenses.... just a thought.

Difficult to go wrong with a full frame Canon or Nikon, but I think the early models of the 5d III had a problem with a light leak from the viewfinder, so may be good to check if this was fixed.

Also, mention that it's been only used for video suggests it's been used by a professional? So it may have had a hard life? Check for damage.

Main advantage of 'full frame' for portraits is more control over depth of field, but apsc isn't bad for this with the right lens. Imahe quality will be similar to most decent new 'non pro' bodies. For the same money you could get a nice new apsc body or some lenses.... just a thought.
Thanks for your opinion I really appreciated it. I am just an amateur but the thought of going out of the shell is bit tempting. Now that I have also some right tools, I managed to buy my very first L lens it's 24-70 f/4 and I'm still learning more day by day.

Yes the guy was a wedding video dude. I was a bit skeptical even now because maybe that camera had some abuses too.

My camera now is a fossil. It's a model of late 2008 or so and honestly I also thought that I should still keep it and invest to some good glass..ah well like the 85mm since im more into portrait outdoors

Depends which lenses it comes with.
It doesn't have lens. Only body. Well I guess I will invest to some good glass and learn and learn more.
I really like portraits, but used lenses like 16-35 f/2.8 II are also very good for 950€ so im caught in the middle as this lens is more into landscape and architecture

Back