Help compressing photo files

Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone please help me when I comes to computers I can just about turn one on :shake: and I am looking to put my photos onto a CD but I need help compressing the files is there anyone out there that can tell me how to do it??

If they are jpegs then they are already compressed, little saving will be made by compressing them further.

yea they are jpegs looks like i will have to use a lot of cd's:crying: i have 32 files i am lookin to save and not one will go onto a single cd :wacky:

yea they are jpegs looks like i will have to use a lot of cd's:crying: i have 32 files i am lookin to save and not one will go onto a single cd :wacky:

A CD will hold 700MB of data , Just how big are these photos :eek:

some of the files are over 750mb but that has 800 photos

Ahh , 32 Folders :) , have you thought about backing up to DVD's ?. Each one holds over 4GB of data.

A new DVD writer is only £20 ish (y)

thats a good idea, i have also been told to download something called winzip for compressing files

thats a good idea, i have also been told to download something called winzip for compressing files

Winzip compresses files well but as jpg images are already compressed, you won't see much benefit.

Back