Help! Editing/PS help required [*Sorted]

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Ok, a friend has asked me to perform a very specific edit on an image from her wedding - basically she wants herself and the groom removed from a photo, and the rest of the guests surrounding them 'pulled together' ... I do have her permission to use the image and manipulate it but I have no idea how to go about it - first thought is to pull the 2 people from the side of them inward to cover them? but what then?? if anyone is willing to give it a go, well, You'd have my forever thanks

This is a down-sized copy of the image, basically she wants herself and the groom outted, and the rest in ... I know, it's a tricky one. I thought if I could pull the outer people in on top of the B&G somehow, it might work with some cropping?

Last edited:
You may have to go to someone who does this professionally, I've removed people from images before, but this is quite a challenge, that would take a lot of time, and therefore would need to be paid for. Not something I could do, even if I was being paid.

I think your going to need a bigger image for a start, cutting out of a small pic like that would be harder, second as they are sitting ideally you want pics of someone sitting to insert, you could crop out the legs, but as Tel says this is going to be a faff about to do.

does she have other images with different combinations of the people? might make it a bit easier. if the B&G are sat in the middle for all the shots it's going to be very time-consuming. maybe ask the photographer if he/she has a test shot of the sofa before the group images?

I ended up doing a large crop job [I had the original RAW file] Pretty much moved the parents either side of B&G over the B&G and up a little, then did a wide crop so everyone else is in but just upper body, it'll have to do, that was about my limit! But you guys are right, it would be a fairly intense edit to get it how she initially desired. She's happy enough with the crop ... next time, get them all in an image together from the off! :D

Cheers

I think your going to need a bigger image for a start, cutting out of a small pic like that would be harder, second as they are sitting ideally you want pics of someone sitting to insert, you could crop out the legs, but as Tel says this is going to be a faff about to do.

Yeah this was just a down sized version to show here, the original RAW was obviously much larger, the original edited Jpeg was 4.5mb

Back