Help : I feel like a fool : not anymore

Name
Ujjwal
Edit My Images
No
To continue my Hasselblad story / possible disaster

My 150 lens has landed this evening, while the deal on the camera fell through.

So somehow I am trying to check if the lens works propoerly. Its a C T* lens

Now I see that betwee 5.6 and 32, the lens aperture blades move. But when I am setting it to 4, and moving down to say 32, the blades are not mving till I press the white tab between the words 'synchro' and 'compur'.

Now that could be some sort of interlock provision; but my question is :

when the lens is mounted on a camera, does the aperture have to be cocked in someway, or that happens on its own.

Ujjwal

Give it a mo till someone who has a clue comes along. Although I have a Hassy I don't have a 150.

Good luck with it.

Try to change the shutter speed. My 80mm can't get some apertures at some speeds. They are not "compatible". I don't know how to explain better in english.

Thanks Ivo. I know what you mean; thats the EV range limits. No, thats not the problem.

I think its a interlock feature of the lens; but just want to be sure; so that if its a problem; I can return the lens.

Ujjwal

Now I know how to explain that :D EV limits, that's it ahah...

Hope that it isn't damage or something. I'm reading my 500EL/M manual to start shooting with it too..

This isn't all manual so I have to learn how to work with the motor...

Really feeling like an idiot....being stood up by the seller and buying a lens before I got the camera. Just serves me right.

I have to get a body this week end, as long as it works I dont care.

Thanks for the support Ivo...

Ah, figured it out, finally

The button I am talking about, between the 'compur' and 'shutter' is the DOF button

Bizzarly enough, the way to do DOF is to set the f stop; them press this ; and the aperture stops down. You then have to go back to full open ( f4 in this case) to open the aperture; and then set it back again.

So this part of the lens works fine. the rest reamins to be seen.

I dont feel like a fool anymore; but its one evening wasted staring at the lens.

Ivo, thanks again

Hey, even I know what you mean now, good luck with the search.

Cool. I think it's hard to get non working Hasselblad gear! haha.

My EL/M is great. Already put one Provia 100F on it and tomorrow I'll do some tests.

edit : by the way, what I said in my post above is just my speculation; the a result of staring at the lens the whole evening. I am pretty sure its right; thats the only possible logical explanation. But a confirmation will be welcome.

If not, i'll confirm once I get hold of a body

if it helps i have the oppsite camera and no lens !!!

Finally, I have got one. Should be with me in the next few days.

Thanks to the seller who stood me up, I got it at a great price ( or so I think)

Now I need a day out with it

Enjoy it and with your newly found taste for home developing, can't wait to see the results.

Hassy's just feel so right in your hands. :) Wish i could justify buying one.

Back