Help me find my way back in!!

Quick thank you to you all as I have now got a camera and lens to get me going. I look forward to posting my first forum images soon.

Rick

Excellent, so what did you get in the end?

Well, I had a shopping basket lined up with a 60d and some bits. Fantastic. Based on the advice here it was looking good and ready to click the buy button.

Then my wife (god bless her), bearing in mind my health which is putting a bit of a potential squeeze on what might be a normal evolutionary growth back into the hobby, said if you want a specific one - just go ahead and get it and enjoy it while you can.

So - who am I to argue. I am very fortunate to be on the 'getting back into photography' learning curve with a 5D MkIII and a Canon 24-105 L.

Now to begin to start to use some of the huge potential of this setup. Starting with the basics again is fun and refreshing. I'll be looking to take simple photos to start off and get the swing of it again and then try to look at advancing my thinking as I get used to it all again.

I have to say the forum is great (though I find the navigation and structure hard to follow daily). The feedback and 'vibe' from people on here is great so I look forward to continuing to share by learning from you all and offering my photos for feedback soon.

Thanks all!!

Glad you went with the 5D MkIII. Lucky you!

I have read about people saying the AF on the 60D was iffy so i would have said you made the right choice.

good choice of camera there!

Although not sure on the above, can't say I have ever had any issues with the 60D af... in low light or on fast moving cars and motorbikes and i've shot well over 40,000 images with them!

5D3 though can't go wrong with that! :D

Damn, thats a good choice :)

Its a brilliant camera and will not hold you back at all.

I wouldn't normally have jumped back in feet first so to speak, I think that making yourself relearn rather than throwing money at it is the way to go but as I say, circumstances kind of force the issue a little for me and the wife, she say yes!!!! So what can you do! :)

I know, best not to argue ;)

I have a similar wife, brilliant isn't it!

Back