Help Me, I'm an Addict

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
OK just bagged a Nikon F90 on evilbay for £22. Looks in good working order and cosmetically nice as well.

I must stop buying cameras, I've got another bid in on a Ensign Selfix finishing tonight, is there a cure???????? :nuts:

Andy

Resistance is Futile, prepare to be assimilated.:LOL:

What he said... just surrender to it and start planning to meet the postman down the road a bit :LOL:

At those prices it would be criminal not to. A good camera for the price of a 4th Div football match.

No cure for that! I know how you feel... The problem is that now I spend more than 1000£ for each camera...lol

I need someone to stop me buying a Zorki 4K, surely there must be counselling available for this!

Just buy it, everone should have a Zorki, the 4K is one of the better ones.:)

Dave.

OK just bagged a Nikon F90 on evilbay for £22. Looks in good working order and cosmetically nice as well.

I must stop buying cameras, I've got another bid in on a Ensign Selfix finishing tonight, is there a cure???????? :nuts:

Andy

You wait till you start wanting all the lenses others have.

You wait till you start wanting all the lenses others have.

Oh, don't get me started on lenses, I always think I can do without but deep down inside I know I can't.

I think a campaign to have me-bay banned is the only way to slow the addiction....

Andy

You'll end up like my Father, check out my FlickR in my signature to see where it could end up!

Displayed on there are about a 1/4 of the cameras my Father collected!

I looked, I cried, I vowed not to buy anymore, I went on fleabay and bid on a folding bellows camera.......:bang:........ I think its too late, I've even started looking at display cabinets.

Andy

I looked, I cried, I vowed not to buy anymore

Look at it this way, there are far worse things to spend your money on. Even though your wallet may suffer a little, at least you'll have the satisfaction of owning another photographic item. ;)

compared to some things, collecting camera's is a cheap addiction - it's not like you're into powerboat racing or something like that :shrug:

Look at it this way, there are far worse things to spend your money on. Even though your wallet may suffer a little, at least you'll have the satisfaction of owning another photographic item. ;)

...a good time to give up smoking, 140 cigs /week=£40 or £2000/year or £20,000 over 10 years or £100,000 over 50 years..........fantastic camera equipment for that money over the years.

...a good time to give up smoking, 140 cigs /week=£40 or £2000/year or £20,000 over 10 years or £100,000 over 50 years..........fantastic camera equipment for that money over the years.

Well, fortunately for me I'm a non-smoker. If I was, then my photography would definitely have been severly restricted. Going off the figures you've quoted, it's just amazing how much it all adds up to over a period of time. £20,000 will certainly buy you some lovely gear. :)

I have already saved 240£ on the ciggies. Unfortunately blown away 1000£ on the X pan. So 4 more months of no purchases.....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

compared to some things, collecting camera's is a cheap addiction - it's not like you're into powerboat racing or something like that :shrug:

or collecting watches. Got to get rid of some of my 190+ watches. It's quite a bit of cash sitting in a black handbag under the bed....:D

Have you noticed how its mainly men that collect things, women don't normally bother and can't understand why we do it (unless its clothes they wear once and then leave in the wardrobe)

Andy

Andy I Almost spilt my beer there!

What about Shoes?

But yes you're right in the majority men do seem to like acquiring and keeping possessions!

Oh and I always reckon that with collecting the right number is N+1

N being the number of cameras that you already possess! :)

If she says why do you need so many of them just remind her of my first point, would she be able to survive with just one pair of shoes?

Oh and I always reckon that with collecting the right number is N + 1

N being the number of cameras that you already possess! :)

Corrected that for you... ;)

Unless it's computers of course, in which case the right number is N++ :geek:

You do all realise we are probably bidding against each other :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You're all as bad as me, this is no help you're just making it worse. Right off to fleabay to trawl through the film cameras....... :puke:

Andy

Jupiter 8 F2 I'm glad to say, some of them are the 3.5 though.
I'm also bidding on a Halina 35x................such is madness :nuts:

I think the 3.5 ones are Industar 50's, Tessar copy,still a good lens.

Dave.

There is a cure... ask yourself ... "when was the last time I actually used one of these to take pics with.....?" There s a 35mm rangefinder on my shelf that I bought "Coz Dad had one"....It needs to go on ebay...

Not get much for a kidney these days :LOL:

Nope no cure

~wonders off to, evil bay, and several online shops~

Andy

Cure? You haven't told us the problem. Sore index finger? Stick a plaster on it. Or is it back pain? Plenty of pain killers and no sex for 8 weeks. Or have yer eyes gone wonky from too much chimping?

Oh wait! I see the problem now! Here, fixed your post:

OK just bagged a Nikon F90 on loadsagoodies-bay for £22. Looks in good working order and cosmetically nice as well.

I must buy MOAR cameras, I've got another bid in on a Ensign Selfix finishing tonight, now where can I sell my wife???????? :nuts:

Andy

Back