Help Needed - Epson V500 Scanner Issue

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm hoping someone may be abel to help me solve an issue I have with my V500 scanner.

Yesterday I was scanning some of the negative I found on eBay when all of a sudden it came up with a message saying remove the cover) it wasn't on as I had just scanned a batch of negatives and had put the next batch on the bed!

I've tried turning the scanner on and off and restarting the PC (Windows 10) and it still says the same.

I'm using the Epson software for scanning.

Any help or advise would be gratefully received.

Thanks

"Remove the cover " ? o_O and what cover would that be? would it be transport lock thingie?

It's the cover you use when your using the scanner for photos of documents.

I've checked the locks and they are both as they should be. When I try to scan now (well last night) it wouldn't let me select film although the option was visible.

It's the cover you use when your using the scanner for photos of documents.

I've checked the locks and they are both as they should be. When I try to scan now (well last night) it wouldn't let me select film although the option was visible.

Ah I wont be much help then as my V750 and 4180 don't use a cover, but strange my very old first scanner 2140 did.
I don't know the V500 but is there a self test (at least for docs), other suggestion is to re-install Epson software or Viewscan if you have it or maybe a phone call or email to Epson (esp as things shouldn't go wrong under two years) and they might suggest something other than bringing it in for expensive overhaul.

Try cleaning the very back of the glass bed, I've had random problems solved with that. I think it uses a few cm as a calibration target.

Back