Help needed fast

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Eileens son has borrowed her laptop and decided to give it a drink of gin n tonic, so does anyone here fix laptops as it will not power up anymore the battery has now been removed to stop any further damage and its in the airing cupboard inverted to try and dry it out but its not looking good so if anyone can repair it give us a shout as she has all her photos on it and with it being a Toshiba the HDD will only fit in another Toshiba as the ide connector is different to standard laptop hdds

Thanks in advance and we will pay £100 for its repair if this helps:crying:

If you cant get it repaired you can send me the Hard Drive and i'll recover its content for you

with it being a Toshiba the HDD will only fit in another Toshiba as the ide connector is different to standard laptop hdds
Very doubtful. It will be a standard 2.5" drive in a caddy with a custom interface to the laptop.

If you buy one of these you'll be able to slot the Toshiba's drive into that, connect it to another PC and pull off all the data you need.

Paul do you have odders moby number if so could you text it mate

1 dont turn it on
2 take the battery out
3 place on a towel with the side that got the most liquid on it some place warm
4 leave for 24 hours
5 cross yah fingers!

this has work 3 or 4 times for me with wine and tea!

1 dont turn it on
2 take the battery out
3 place on a towel with the side that got the most liquid on it some place warm
4 leave for 24 hours
5 cross yah fingers!

this has work 3 or 4 times for me with wine and tea!

Did that overnight and it seems to have done the trick (y)

Its got a major hangover now but starting to come round slowly Fingers crossed
AND its not getting anymore :beer: it cant handle it :LOL:

great to hear its working!! now get a backup disk :)

Timemachine is useful, I have one so that my GF's laptop is backed up, even if she doesnt know its doing it.

She is on her 3rd after 2 accidents.

Looks like the keyboard is us but it boots into windows and seems to work ok but very slow so gonna do a factory reset on it see if that helps

Simple pimple, plug in an external keyboard.

We have done the toshiba restore disk thats embedded in a partition on the hdd but will wait to see if it gets any better before any recusitation

Back