Help needed

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I have. Small problem lol the wife has kindly book a shoot with a client and taken money without checking if I am on a session which I am lol.

What would you do, I have been offered a canon 300d with kit lens, memory cards, spare batteries, boxed however have to travel about 1 hour each way to get it.

Or I have also been offered locally a Fujifilm S6500fd bridge camera boxed etc for the same money. What would you do and which would you buy for an emergency like mine. Both shoots are tomorrow.

Dont really understand what your asking? Your post is a bit of a mess and requires further explanation.

I'm sure in your head that makes sense, but to me it might as well be Greek.

What's your issue? And how can we help.

Senetnce 2 and 3 are relatively straight forward, but we'll have to send sentence 1 to Bletchley Park I think.

Seems straight forward to me ;)

OP is going to get his wife to shoot the one session but needs another camera in order to do so, his question is which one to get, the DSLR 2 hrs round trip away, or the Bridge camera locally.

OP is going to get his wife to shoot the one session but needs another camera in order to do so, his question is which one to get, the DSLR 2 hrs round trip away, or the Bridge camera locally.

Well then the answer is simple.

If his wife is capable of shooting to his standard, neither!

He should get something as good as he'd use for any other professional job. The 300d is about suitable as a backup, backup. But I wouldn't step out of the house to use it as a primary camera. It's just not up to the job (unless we're talking about studio lighting and good glass - where you could possibly get away with it).

That's how I also read it.

Personally, rather than throw a 2nd hand camera at the wife I'd try and move one of the bookings. Offer them a free upgrade or something if they can re-schedule.

And organize the way you take bookings so it doesn't happen again. :)

Keep a diary on the web or by the phone.
Took me a few minutes to work that out.
Offer a free print if 2nd booking changes date. Do not go and do it with sub standard equipment.
Don't want to be rude but is your wife a photographer?

Honesty is best policy and most professional.

Sorry I was a bit cheesed off lol hence it not coming out right, however after you deciphered my issues lol I bought neither we rescheduled the wife's shoot with some good will gesture prints.

We are normally really good at the schedules however we got it wrong this time. I would say she is catching me up quick in terms of quality and the outstanding images she produces

Thanks for your help

Back