Help Please Epson R200

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an Epson R200 Printer and went to print a colour picture on it today and it has come out all "Greeny" have tried cleaning the heads etc but still prints the same....Normally it has printed colour pictures superbly...

Any Ideas ?

Maybe the red cartridge is empty or is blocked? Does the printer not have a status monitor that indicates the ink levels in each cartridge so that you can check?

The printer should have that feature,
look for epson status monitor or right click the printer icon in the control panel and check the printer properties.

I have a R200. When I had not used it for a few weeks it started to print with bits missing on the black. Ran the head cleaning routine and it fixed it.

I have seen reports that removing the cartridge and putting a few drops of isopropyl alcohol (local chemists?) into the ports and replacing the carts sorts it out. Not tried it myself so can't endorse it. Also read that clear windolene with ammonia does the same thing... again no experience.

I remembered the tips in case I ever needed them. Can't see the alcohol hurting anything... not so confident about the windolene! Probably be lots of equally scary advice on google.

Good luck.

Steve said:
Maybe the red cartridge is empty or is blocked? Does the printer not have a status monitor that indicates the ink levels in each cartridge so that you can check?

Yes Steve...checked that, one colour was replaced last week but all the others are showing ink in them could it be that one carteridge is Full and the others are fairly well down but no way empty

Cheers
Dave..

I have the R300, and leave it for months at a time between prints and upto now have had no problems when it comes to printing.

I do run head cleaning before I try to print though.

What does the nozzle test show you?

(printing prefs > maintenance tab)

Have you pulled the tab/label sealer thingy off the cartridge you have replaced? Bet you haven't. I made this mistake myself recently and the prints were decidedly 'greeny' :embarasse

I had 2 Epson R200's and both suffered with the same head blocking problems sadly..:(

Run the head cleaner.. 3 or 4 times if you have to, It usually works..;)

In the end I went to another brand of printer with a famous name..

Canon....:thumb:

The ip4000...:)

I've had a few Epson printers in the past - all came to the same sticky end.

Wouldn't touch another Epson in a million years.

HP, for me.

CT said:
Have you pulled the tab/label sealer thingy off the cartridge you have replaced? Bet you haven't. I made this mistake myself recently and the prints were decidedly 'greeny' :embarasse

:thumb: :thumb:
I feel so stupid....you got it right mate.....the moment I read your post I what the answer was .....Have now removed the tab and all is printing ok ! Well at least the heads have had a good clean out ......Thanks a million CT.....In words from the Dads Army on the TV ....."Stupid Boy" I feel so silly ..

Thanks everybody for all your help and advice it was great of you all to be so prompt with help.....

Dave

LOL. If it's any consolation, that's just how I felt. :D

CT said:
LOL. If it's any consolation, that's just how I felt. :D

I'm laughing now but I wasn't when I realised what I'd done.......Won't do that again...

Thanks again mate....:thumb:

What did we do to sort our problems before we had forums ?

I mean can you imagine taking the printer back to the shop and saying, "I want my money back this is a piece of crap" and then they find the tape :D

Glad you've got it sorted.
Well done CT.....I think. :confused:

Garnock said:
What did we do to sort our problems before we had forums ?

I mean can you imagine taking the printer back to the shop and saying, "I want my money back this is a piece of crap" and then they find the tape :D

Glad you've got it sorted.
Well done CT.....I think. :confused:

Nice one mate....I hate to even think of that

I wouldn't mind if it was the first time i'd put in a ink cartridge !! been doing it for about 7 years !!...now you know why I feel such a P rat

oldboy2000 said:
I wouldn't mind if it was the first time i'd put in a ink cartridge !! been doing it for about 7 years !!...now you know why I feel such a P rat

Listen, we all make silly mistakes at least you had the guts to admit it and save other people scratching there heads trying to solve your problem.
Well done for that. :thumb:

GfK said:
I've had a few Epson printers in the past - all came to the same sticky end.

Wouldn't touch another Epson in a million years.

HP, for me.

My last Epson got launched through the patio window, fortunately it was open at the time.
I got tired of forever having to clean the heads and it guzzles ink when you do.

IPA or Isopropyl Alcohol is often packaged as Lens cleaner.
It evaporates quickly with leaving smears.
You can buy it in very small bottles packaged as lens cleaner from Jessops or you can buy it in aerosol form from the likes of Maplins/PC World.

It's perfectly harmless on printer nozzles.
I use it for a hundred and one purposes as a printer engineer.
I even trust it on my sensor with a lint free cloth if I'm feeling brave.

Glad you got it sorted Dave.

Bachs said:
My last Epson got launched through the patio window, fortunately it was open at the time.
I got tired of forever having to clean the heads and it guzzles ink when you do.

IPA or Isopropyl Alcohol is often packaged as Lens cleaner.
It evaporates quickly with leaving smears.
You can buy it in very small bottles packaged as lens cleaner from Jessops or you can buy it in aerosol form from the likes of Maplins/PC World.

It's perfectly harmless on printer nozzles.
I use it for a hundred and one purposes as a printer engineer.
I even trust it on my sensor with a lint free cloth if I'm feeling brave.

Glad you got it sorted Dave.

My printer got close to flying towards the Dust Bin! :banghead:

Thanks for the info Bachs....at least I've learnt something I have some lens cleaner fluid too left over from my Glass Screen Days!

As they say we learn from our mistakes !!

Garnock said:
Listen, we all make silly mistakes at least you had the guts to admit it and save other people scratching there heads trying to solve your problem.
Well done for that. :thumb:

Cheers Garnock I'll always admit a mistake mate, especially as you when folks are scratching their heads for the answer

Thanks everybody again...:thumb:

Back