Help please.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

While ultimately I am asking 'how was this processed' I feel I need to give a bit of background information as to why.

I cannot give too much detail for obvious reasons, when you read further.

One of my friends at work had a son who had an accident, fell from a balcony, and died about 6 years ago. He was in a band at the time.
While in the band, and the ones previous, they had thousands of photo's taken by friends (some photography students), a lot were put on Facebook etc.

This summer my friends other son bought a t-shirt. Thought nothing of it until he was wearing it one night and it was commented on that 'it was cool he had a t-shirt with his dead brother on'.
They took a closer look and it does appear to be taken from a picture of his brother.

My friend has contacted the shop (big high class chain) asking where they got the photo and if they could have a copy, he really just wants confirmation that it is his son and would like a copy of the photo.
The store are not being too co-operative which I can understand and have explained to my friend the possibilities why.

After looking through many photo's and asking a lot of his sons friends and the band members (some of which seem to be able to remember loads of details from years ago!) they think the photo was taken at a band practice. He has other photo's from around the time of the band practice based on what he was wearing (went straight from work etc).

If we can work out how the processing was done on the image we could replicate it on a similar image and at least it would give my friend a clearer answer as to whether it is his son on the t-shirt.

Here's the image, please, if you know how this was done help me to help my friend.

DaveTShirt by PaulFa, on Flickr

At a quick look it reminds me of one of the brush strokes in the filters (cant remember which one though) but there might be other stuff going on too.
Personally I'd suggest you contact a national newspaper, with a heartwarming story like that they might get involved and gee up the company concerned.

Photoshop.
Open, Image-B&W....
Filter-Motion blur, set angle, blur....
Filter-Filter gallery-rough pastels-set-apply....
Save image.
Done.

Rhodese.

Back