Help! recommended good labs

Name
Karin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there new to posting/this forum but i'm struggling in finding a decent lab

I've 6 rolls of film I dont want to risk with cheap supermarket processing.

Im looking at DS colour labs but wondered if anyone had any experience of them?

All help and advice greatfully received

Another vote for Peak Imaging. Though if it's Black and White, you could always send it to Ilford Labs and get proper silver gelatine prints made at the same time.

Club 35 is another option - I've always found that their excellent with C-41 film, never tried them with black and white though.

DSCL from me, havent used them for film, but very impressed with their printouts of digital

I generally use Club 35 or Peak Imaging for both colour and b&w and they are both excellent.

Andy

I have to ask..

Six rolls of what? 120 or 135, negative or slide, colour or black and white?

Are you just wanting them developed? or developed and scanned? or developed and printed?

I will be trying Genie Imaging next though as they do a wide range of services at a good price and are very close to me! Looks to be around £2.50 per film, colour neg and slide 35mm or 120 dev only.

http://www.genieimaging.co.uk/index_red.htm

I got my roll of 120 C-41 dev only back from them. It was done less than 2 hours after I dropped it off, lots of email communication, it's easy to drop off (they are by Wandsworth Common station), and the negatives came out nicely.

I got my roll of 120 C-41 dev only back from them. It was done less than 2 hours after I dropped it off, lots of email communication, it's easy to drop off (they are by Wandsworth Common station), and the negatives came out nicely.

Good news. I will have to give them a go, just building up a few to take at once first, its fairly easy for me to get to as well and I know the area fairly well.

Well I have my eye on them.......Still £2.50 for developing? Also have you scanned the negs to have an opinion on the quality e.g. spots, scratches etc?

Well I have my eye on them.......Still £2.50 for developing? Also have you scanned the negs to have an opinion on the quality e.g. spots, scratches etc?

Yeah, it comes to slightly under that actually. £2.39? I did scan them, but it was my first scans on a scanner new to me, an Epson 2480, 7 year old technology, and I hadn't given the scanner much of a good clean. With that caveat, I thought the scans came out reasonably clean, had to clean them up a little bit on PS, but nothing that I didn't have to also do when I used an Epson 4490 either. Unfortunately I don't have a loupe to have a look at the negs themselves.

Yeah, it comes to slightly under that actually. £2.39? I did scan them, but it was my first scans on a scanner new to me, an Epson 2480, 7 year old technology, and I hadn't given the scanner much of a good clean. With that caveat, I thought the scans came out reasonably clean, had to clean them up a little bit on PS, but nothing that I didn't have to also do when I used an Epson 4490 either. Unfortunately I don't have a loupe to have a look at the negs themselves.

(y) ...and I have a 2480 as well, and have posted shots to show that on a COMPUTER SCREEN and with NO CROPPING there is not much difference between my 2480 and my V750....but the 2480 photo cost me £8.

Brian, turns out it's actually a 4180 rather than a 2480, completely got it wrong! Just thought I should correct myself there... but I think it gives me decent scans, and I'm happy with the results, which is all that matters really.

Back