Help to identify lens adapter

Edit My Images
No
I would very much appreciate any help in identifying the attached photos. The adapter is clearly a Tamron "Adaptall" but i am confused as to what type of camera it would be used on.
I appreciate that "for Fujica" is stamped on the bezel. Is this adapter just for old Fujica film cameras? Would anyone have any use for it today?
many thanks.

P1030510.jpg
P1030513.jpg P1030512.jpg

Yes, Fujica (film) SLR bayonet to Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses. Fuji made some pretty nice SLRs in the early 80s, with their own Fujica X bayonet mount (one of over a dozen incompatible SLR lens mount systems that were made at the time). Tamron had a unique interchangeable mount that allowed the same lens to be used on a variety of different systems, using adapters like this. It might be a good way for a Fujica enthusiast to expand their lens collection (the Tamron lenses were well-regarded) or for someone with an existing set of Tamron lenses to add a Fujica body to their system.

Edit: Looks like Fujica M42, not X - see Adrian's comment below.

Last edited:
Tamron Adaptall mounts tend to sell in the £10-£20 range. I have a few of the lenses that use these mounts, which I use on M42, Canon FD, and Mamiya ZM cameras with the appropriate mounts. And I have Minolta MD mounts and Olympus OM mounts, should I ever acquire a camera with those mounts.

Early Fujica cameras had M42 thread lenses, this looks like the M42 version

I believe Jao is correct and this is the Fujica M42 version, not the later X bayonet I had suggested. That potentially makes it a bit more useful - e.g., if you already have a modern mount to M42 adapter (these are common), then you might be able to use this to mount Adaptall lenses, even when no single modern mount to Adaptall adapter exists. You'd need to be careful of any differences between Fujica's version of the M42 mount and generic M42 adapters (or bodies) - presumably there must be some differences, or Tamron would not have bothered to make a Fujica-specific M42 adapter.

Many thanks for all replies. So just to recap, if I had an M42 to m4/3 adapter and a Tamron Adaptall lens, then this Fujica adapter would (or might??) allow me to mount that lens on my Panasonic G80?

You'd need to be careful of any differences between Fujica's version of the M42 mount and generic M42 adapters (or bodies) - presumably there must be some differences, or Tamron would not have bothered to make a Fujica-specific M42 adapter.
The Fujica M42 lens had a small projection on the aperture ring which allowed the Fujica ST range to read the set aperture. This could, theoretically, foul the mount on other cameras. I have just tried my Fujinon lens and it fits perfectly on my Zenit E and Pentax SP1000. In the second picture you can just about see the projection stopping the lens from fitting properly on my EOS-M42 adapter leaving a slight gap which would prevent infinity focus. (not my best photo!)
Fujinon.jpg

adapter.jpg

Last edited:
Back