Help - transfering a Domain name

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
If that's even the right 'term'... I'm such a chump with this internet thing. :(

Probably best if I just explain what I want to do.

I have a nice simple template based website with Webs.com (as in my sig). I also registered a few Domain names with 123-reg (these being a .net, .eu and .me.uk suffix of my .webs.com address). Now I want to use one of my 123-reg registered Domain names (the .net one) in place of my ******.webs.com address, or rather if possible I would like all of my Domain names to result in my website content being loaded to the user. I hope that makes sense?

Now on Webs.com it shows a utility to 'transfer' a Domain that I already own to Webs.com... is that what I want to do? It asks for an Authorisation code from my current Regestrar, which I have received by email just now from 123-Reg but I'm scared to enter the info in the boxes and hit the button if this is not what I should be doing to achieve what I've said above.

There is also the option to 'attach' my Domain to the Webs.com site, but I've no idea what that means and if I should be doing that instead?

Like I say, I'm a chump at this sort of thing and know next to nothing about it (which is more dangerous than knowing nothing/everything).

All simple talking answers would be most appreciated, thanks :help:

Ok, I think I'm a bit clearer about this now.

I can either:
a) Leave 123-Reg as the regestrar and point the nameservers to webs.com and then just attach the new domain to Webs.com
b) Wait 60 days then actually transfer the domain to Webs if I like.

So, for now I'm going to do a)

So, I'll see how it goes and hopefully over the next 24 hrs I'll be sorted out.

With 123reg I'm pretty sure you can do it yourself. What you need are the nameserver addresses for the webs.com site which you then set (oddly enough) in the nameserver section of your 123reg control panel.

even simpler, why dont you just forward your domain to your website?
Surely 123 allows you to carry out forwarding?

With 123reg I'm pretty sure you can do it yourself. What you need are the nameserver addresses for the webs.com site which you then set (oddly enough) in the nameserver section of your 123reg control panel.

Yep, tis now done.... just need to wait a while ( 24-48hrs) now for my site to come up with its new Domain name now. :|

even simpler, why dont you just forward your domain to your website?
Surely 123 allows you to carry out forwarding?

LOL, it does but it then talks about framed and non framed forwarding that went right over my head :bonk: although I would love to know what all that stuff means in English :crying:

There should be somewhere that allows you to enter your website address so you can redirect any visitors to your domain name. You should be able to do this to all your domains so they all point to the same place

Quick call to 123 should sort it

There should be somewhere that allows you to enter your website address so you can redirect any visitors to your domain name. You should be able to do this to all your domains so they all point to the same place

Quick call to 123 should sort it

Unfortunately I'm not able to let things go like that (although I know that's why they are there) I just have to work it out for myself.... and I'm getting there (y)

My site (still a bit work in progress) is now back and happy :clap:

My website or see my sig (y)

All sorted!

My website

Is now successfully changed to a .net suffix and my .eu and .me.uk suffix domains are now forwarded to my .net domain also.

Happy days :woot:

Just need to get some more shots up in the gallery and do a bit more work on a couple of the pages (y)

Back