HELP! Windows Media Centre

Chaz Photos

Jack Elam
Name
Chaz
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know How I can reinstall it as We have to re set the Digital tuning here
I have tried to go to setting but it will not go it just sits there with the darn circle going around and around. and now I can not get TV to work
I can’t find a copy of it to down load or install on its own?
HELP

I've got a HTPC and Vista media centre is a PITA. Windows updates seem to break it repeatedly. TV is broken again now.... known problem with a recent update apparently. Fortunately we don't use TV on the PC very often.
Think I'll try Windows 7 on it. Might work or might just bring different problems!

Guess you could try system restore if it was working before. Fixed mine a year ago that way and then manually selected updates for a while until the bad one was fixed.

I've got a HTPC and Vista media centre is a PITA. Windows updates seem to break it repeatedly. TV is broken again now.... known problem with a recent update apparently. Fortunately we don't use TV on the PC very often.
Think I'll try Windows 7 on it. Might work or might just bring different problems!

Guess you could try system restore if it was working before. Fixed mine a year ago that way and then manually selected updates for a while until the bad one was fixed.

I did a restore no good I remember being told about a file to down load It not a openly know thing but it is on Microsoft some where

yeah but can you not untick it from the windows components so it uninstalls it then retick it to reinstall from your windows cd?

as far as i know its not a stand alone installer. its part of Windows XP MCE, or Vista Ultimate.

This page has some suggestions.

Seems running a repair install might sort it. I'd make sure your backups are up to date if you have stuff stored first.

Back