help with muddy negatives.

Edit My Images
No
hello,
I recently developed a film and as far as I know I did everything correctly--the film was new and I was careful to get the temperature right etc, but although printable, there is a pale fawn coloured, uneven discolouration through the centre of the film. Maybe I didn't agitate enough at the beginning of the development time? but I did tap to eliminate air bubbles initially and agitated once every minute. Any ideas??

thankyou in advance. Jeannie.

Hi Jeannie agitating once every minute is not really enough ,invert the tank 10 times at the start of process then invert six times every minute and tap lightly on worksurface to dislodge any air bubbles.
What film and what speed were you using .:beer::beer::beer:

Jeannie sounds like your film was not adequately fixed which usually results in a brown discoloration appearing on the film, usally because of using weak or old fixer stock. If that you can refix the film in fresh fixer which should cure the problem.

Thankyou so much for the helpful replies. ( It was an Ilford hp5 400 film.) I will agitate more often in future and will try re fixing. thanks again.
Best wishes, Jeannie.

I've re fixed the negs in fresh fixer and hey presto it's worked a treat!! you live and learn. Thanks again for the helpful replies.
jeannie.

Back