Help with picture please

Edit My Images
Yes
hi
can anyone help with changing the colour of this cabin, i want it to be cream if possible, just trying colour ideas at the mo.
cheers
cabinpic-1.jpg

this one is bigger, but taken only from the 22k original
cabinpic2.jpg

And what colour would Sir like his shed?

cabin-colours.jpg

ooops ... you've not got edit ticked.. shouldnt be posting that.
let me know and I'll remove if you want.

ooops ... you've not got edit ticked.. shouldnt be posting that.
let me know and I'll remove if you want.

not a problem sir, i would like it cream please, and any help with 'how to change it' would be appreciated.

ta

so long as it is cream, i dont mind a damn..

Is this the right shade Steve?

Mike

hmmmmmmmmmm....no

think, just off white colour, buff, buttermilk etc.
if i knew how to do it, i would try myself..

If you have photoshop use the brush tool and set the mode (see the bar at the top) to color. Select your colour and just paint over your subject. Works great for B&W images too.

cheers mate, just done it but cant seems to get the colour i want, oh well i'll keep trying..

The luma value of the original is too dark for it to work. Duplicate the layer, make a selection of the building and then convert it to greyscale. Now adjust the brightness/contrast/etc until it looks about the right levels. Finally paint over with the brush in colour mode.

Here's how in PS.
1. Create a duplicate layer of the background image
2. Since this is a nice manmade shape - straight edges - it is doddle to use the pen tool and create a vector mask of the outline.
3. Layer->mask->rasterize to convert the vector mask to a normal mask
4. Invert the mask so that (select, mask Ctrl-i) the outside is masked not the shed.
5. Fiddle to your hearts content with the hue,sat (Ctrl-u) and or Curves (Ctrl-m)

HTH

looking good lads, thanks for all the help and info on it, just had an email from mike, and the colour is spot on- cheers mike..

Back