Beginner Help

Name
kev
Edit My Images
Yes
I've gotten my self a canon 6d mk2 up grading from a canon 600d which has done me proud.
Anyway it arrived today and like anyone would with a new toy i had a little play about with it.
I seem so have like a black ring around the picture when i have taken it, looks like its been vignette?
Is it something I'm doing wrong?
Thanks Kev

EF mounts are needed. I spent some time on google and found out its to do with a red dot and white square, have it sorted now tho

EF mounts are needed. I spent some time on google and found out its to do with a red dot and white square, have it sorted now tho
You know - it'd help if you post more than half a dozen words, give all the info needed to answer your questions. Instead of half a question, then ignoring the responses before googling the answer and then giving half an answer to say you've solved it.

Just so others can also learn from your mistakes

You know - it'd help if you post more than half a dozen words, give all the info needed to answer your questions. Instead of half a question, then ignoring the responses before googling the answer and then giving half an answer to say you've solved it.

Just so others can also learn from your mistakes
Apologies. Not use to using a forum and never know what to put. Also suffer from dyslexia and get nervous about posting.
I struggle with leaning new things. I will try and adjust and give more information on what I’m looking for. Sorry

Apologies. Not use to using a forum and never know what to put. Also suffer from dyslexia and get nervous about posting.
I struggle with leaning new things. I will try and adjust and give more information on what I’m looking for. Sorry

Don't be nervous... just post as much info as you have and people will be more than happy to help :D

This is how it stands. I’ve only ever used my camera for fishing. I was advised to try and find something else apart from fishing to help my mental heath. So I’m here. I used a canon 600d for my fishing. I then picked up a canon 6d thinking all lens would fit. Having seen some of the replies I felt embarrassed hence google. I have various lens. If I list them could someone point me in the right direction of use. I do have a rough idea but only from YouTube.
Sigma dc 150-500mm1:5 6.3APO HMS Canon 50mm 1.1,8stm
Tampon af 18-200 f/3.5-6.3
I have tried these on the 6d and work. I will list the others later when home

Thanks kev

This is how it stands. I’ve only ever used my camera for fishing. I was advised to try and find something else apart from fishing to help my mental heath. So I’m here. I used a canon 600d for my fishing. I then picked up a canon 6d thinking all lens would fit. Having seen some of the replies I felt embarrassed hence google. I have various lens. If I list them could someone point me in the right direction of use. I do have a rough idea but only from YouTube.
Sigma dc 150-500mm1:5 6.3APO HMS Canon 50mm 1.1,8stm
Tampon af 18-200 f/3.5-6.3
I have tried these on the 6d and work. I will list the others later when home

Thanks kev
I think you will find the one lens is a Tamron :) (autocorrect doesn't always work well)

The lenses for the 600D that won't work on full frame are the EF-S lenses, but EF lenses will work on full frame and APS-c (like the 600D)

I think you will find the one lens is a Tamron :) (autocorrect doesn't always work well)

The lenses for the 600D that won't work on full frame are the EF-S lenses, but EF lenses will work on full frame and APS-c (like the 600D)
I never notice it change the words thanks for the reply.

I never notice it change the words thanks for the reply.
Look on the brightside, whenever I type the word 'shot' my fingers habitually hit the i instead of the o.

Glad you got it sorted.

No need to apologise
I appreciate you’re new, just letting you know the best way of getting the right help is giving as much info as possible.

Don’t worry about your dyslexia most people are forgiving of some mis spelling :)

No need to apologise
I appreciate you’re new, just letting you know the best way of getting the right help is giving as much info as possible.

Don’t worry about your dyslexia most people are forgiving of some mis spelling :)
I will get better im sure

If you could see what autocorrect writes on my phone you wouldnt worry, lucky my friends are used to it. I usually get the words have you read your text? back from them :)

Back