Heron and clouds

Edit My Images
No
It seems that herons are like buses - you wait for ages for one to come along (see yesterday's image), and then a few turn up all together! This one was stalking in the estuary at Arnside, Cumbria, this afternoon.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Grey-Heron-Arnside-2.jpg

You caught the sky reflection really well there. I love the pose of the Heron too :)

You caught the sky reflection really well there. I love the pose of the Heron too :)

:agree: - classy shot - herons & great crested grebes rule (y)

Paul

Thanks Jojosmojo, H.R. & PaulBoy. I don't know about herons and great crested grebes ruling PaulBoy, but herons suit me because as someone who snaps birds only casually, their size makes it easier for me to record them as more than an insignificant dot :) .

Regards, Tony

that's a simply beautiful image. :clap:

Thanks dazzajl. I guess it's veering a bit towards the "arty" rather than being a full on bird shot. It occurred to me that it would work with a human fisherman as the main subject instead of a heron, though it would probably lose a little elegance :) .

Regards, Tony

:clap: Excellent Tony - one of the best I've seen from you (though i have missed a couple of weeks) (y)

I guess it's veering a bit towards the "arty"

It's downtown arty if you ask me and and that's most definately a good thing.

The balance and harmony of the shot is fabulous, I could look at it for hours.

Thanks for the further comments on this one Jonnyreb, Dark Star, Richard T and dazzajl. I hadn't thought about the outboard :) , though someone did say it looked like the heron had popped up through a tear in the space-time continuum (I don't know what he was on :) ) "Downtown arty" - I like the sound of that!!

Regards, Tony

Back