Heron

Edit My Images
Yes
Heron - taken by slowly crawling towards it on my belly until I was right underneath it...never expected to get this close!

3225956081_3a01eebc38.jpg

so thats what a heron looks like close up lol! How the hell did you manage to get so close, if i get within 100 meters of the one at my local lake he flaps off! Lovely capture!

Great shot. Love the expression of it "WHERE DID YOU COME FROM"
Just goes to show if you put the effort in you get rewarded.
:clap::clap::clap:

Nice one.

Looks like you were about to be speared !

That does not look like a herons head to me, not at all.....:cautious:

It certainly is not a herons beak............:cautious:

I wonder how the cloud is over the feathers on the right hand side?

I`m going to need a lot of convincing that this is a real shot, a helluva lot.But I stand to be corrected,as always.

;)

A heron, unless yours is a hybrid or something.....:shrug:

Forexample.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinkin' "bitsa"

No heron has a beak like that anywhere.................

Looks like a parrots head on a herons body to me...............:shrug:

Itsa Dodo (y)
The eyes are more like a predator ie spar / gos
the beak more like a seed eater

That is one tall heron, the top of its wing is in the clouds......:eek:

Itsa Dodo (y)
The eyes are more like a predator ie spar / gos
the beak more like a seed eater

By jove your right young man, it has been taken in Lancashire as well, i` cancelling work tomorrow and going to see if I can find it.

Wonder why the underside is so well lit. Flash maybe. But no catchlight in the eyes.

I can't help thinking that it must have come from the same
wildlife park as this :shrug:

Did your pointer "molest" a parrot?

Did your pointer "molest" a parrot?

'tother way around Ade, I told the kids not to leave the parrot outta the cage, un-attended,
while the pointer was in season :(

Hey Chris... :eek: ... you found my Dogarrot... (y)

Cheers... ;)

As for the OP image... :agree: ... :cautious: ... something fishy going on here... :naughty:

:p

Saw one of those at my hide yesterday. The rain was in my eyes though & I did not get a very close look.;)

That could easily be a juvenile grey heron.

As for the shot this could be taken with a ir trigger or remote and a remote camera with wide angle lens and flash, I dont think the sky would come out like that though so its possibly a composite image.

If that is the case im not sure why the op didnt just say that as thats technically an impressive image to put together with all that effort.

Boy...I'm kinda hurt you guys::crying::crying::crying:.......your such an untrusting bunch.:nono:

Reason you can see the sky / clouds is because I was on my belly when I took this at 22mm...I've re-attached the original photo and a few others which will hopefully now show the exif data (although I'm taking a guess that to maintain the data I just save the files without using ps web conversion ???). The only photoshop work applied was to adjust levels and crop to the 800px requirement of this web site.

I'd be happy to email any of you the raw if you still don't believe these are real.

4106510621_fcaf4ff5c4_o.jpg

4107275366_1537d7f143_o.jpg

4107274582_2d962a5486_o.jpg

4106509073_7440132e3b_o.jpg

Bit blurry I know but included to show how close I got, it's blurry because I had to pull back to avoid the bird pecking at the glass (Taken at 16mm).

4107275898_c529cc9ddf_o.jpg

Sorry fella, I call nonsense. And you know why,improve your pp stuff mate.............;)

I really don't know what you are talking about fracster....let me send you a raw.

Don`t bother thanks.

a heron with a cockatoo hairdo?

Hmm.......

Show me the RAW exif....

No, I won`t, others can decide for themselves. I have made my mind up.

PS..........most birds have tongues,where is your herons tongue ?

Last edited:
Come on guys - Irus is offering to send you the RAW file!

I'm not seeing any obvious evidence of manipulation. The cloud over the wing isn't cloud at all IMO - it's just the light catchng the feathers. We all thought it might be suspect as it's rare indeed to get this close to a Heron - but there's always the exception, and if that's the case, it makes these shots all the more remarkable. The guy is offering to prove the validity so why decline?

Back