Heron

Don't know why its tongue isn't showing? This is a tight crop completly unedited?

Hmm.......

Show me the RAW exif....

how do I do that?

4107557322_c929bcc158_o.jpg

You say taken at 16mm yet EXIF says 11mm ANY EXIF mean nothing all you have to do is drop one image on top of another and save it you have new image with the old EXIF simple trick.
Why not tell us all the location it was taken at.

Yeh, I guess your right but I haven't done that...

It was taken in the maldives.

LOL. Well I can't open the file, but you can see that the light part on the feathers extends past the edge of the cloud on the left, so I'm inclined to think it's just a reflection from the sky.The tongue is clearly the pink bit in the lower bill.

This is a herons tongue.

Heronyawnres.jpg

LOL. Frac - your shot is taken from a different angle altogether and proves nuttin' ;)

The only thing suspect about the original shot for me was the low angle, the fact that he managed to get that close, and that it looked like fill flash against that sky. The light is clearly coming from the right though, so I can see it conceivably being a natural light shot, particularly as it was taken in the maldives - not here in grey old Blighty.

With regard to that last shot - where do you think the guy would get a shot of the inside of both the top and bottom halves of a Heron's beak other than from that angle?

Oh... and if you think that's a clitoris we need to have a chat one of the days. :D

Hi Irus and welcome to TP. I will keep it simple :D I am far from being an expert but I really got no reason to doubt the authenticty of the picture, based on the facts that.

a) It is not impossible to get close to any animal if it so wishes to let you.

b) The fact it has raised it`s head feathers is again not unusual to most bird`s when it feels threatened.

c)The mention of the clouds around the feathers could easily be an anomalie
( any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. )

d) As far as I can make out from pictures of a Herons tongue, it seems quite rigid apart from the end bit. There is also a bit of motion blurr around that area, and I would assume that when the bird was in this agressive pose the tongue would go down flat in the mouth, so imo there is nothing strange about the fact it is hard to make out.

Lastly I would have thought that if anybody had that much time on their hands, they wouldnt spend it doctoring a picture of a bloody Heron just to post it on TP :shrug:

CT & u8myufo

Thanks for your comments.

It’s really frustrating being accused of doctoring a photo when I know for a fact that I haven’t.

It was taken in the maldives.

Well the last time I was there the common Heron was the great Blue

Stand.jpg

Now maybe just maybe the images are genuine but the angle of the close up in #1 doesn't make it look like a heron at all :shrug:

Back