Hi everyone,

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,i just wanted to know whast the issus with this pic cuz a friend is telling me it photoshopped.Photo realised by me.IMG-20181225-WA0000.jpeg

No idea what he is on about.

I don't know why they'd say it's photoshopped, only comment I'd make is it's rather grainy. What was it shot on?

I can see why someone might think it's photoshopped.

It looks to me like the girl has a halo round her, particularly her lower half.

Is it the same friend who questioned the last image you posted?

Now you know (presumably) whether they’re photoshopped or not much better than a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I can’t imagine why you think this site is a useful place to post crap photos and ask whether they’ve been photoshopped. It strikes me as very odd.

But... have a great Christmas with your girlfriend (whether she’s real or imagined).

Is it the same friend who questioned the last image you posted?

Now you know (presumably) whether they’re photoshopped or not much better than a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I can’t imagine why you think this site is a useful place to post crap photos and ask whether they’ve been photoshopped. It strikes me as very odd.

But... have a great Christmas with your girlfriend (whether she’s real or imagined).
Thank you sir...
"Whether she's real or imagined" is kindna rude

And i thought this is a photography forum[emoji58]
This is a photography forum.

Your posts are a bit odd and not really photography related. Feel free to ask photography related questions and you’ll get lots of help.

Thank you sir...
"Whether she's real or imagined" is kindna rude

You’ve twice asked whether your ‘girlfriend’ has been photoshopped into an image.:thinking:

It seems odd to me, because surely you know whether she was really there?:cautious:

Your ‘friend’ is yanking your chain / pulling your leg, and only you can prove to him that your girlfriend is real, or just not bother and get on with your life :D. If you genuinely believe that telling your mate ‘Barry from Darlington says it’s definitely not photoshopped’ will do any more than give him further fun, you’re more than slightly deluded.

Thumbs up to Phil V ! But I do wonder if he is asking this question because the Man in the image is not him and the girl shouldn't be there as she is supposed to be with him ! This would explain why he wants to know if it is real rather than someone just stirring things up, otherwise if taken by him he would as pointed out know whether it was real or not. Respect to Jacklark of course.

I'm no expert but the two wine glasses look fake and the fact that one of the lights on the tree seem to be visible in front of the girls head when the tree is behind her sort of cutting in to her silhouette looks wrong !

Last edited:
I'm no expert but the two wine glasses look fake and the fact that one of the lights on the tree seem to be visible in front of the girls head when the tree is behind her sort of cutting in to her silhouette looks wrong !

I think it looks more like the guy has been added in to look like he was there with the girl.

I really don't get this... you say the photo was "realised" by you... I'd read that as "i took this photo, I know it's provenance, and I know it was shot on a Iphone 7 and edited on snapseed"

you're friend says its photoshopped.

you can simply say "screw you, it was snapseeded"

or you can say "why would anyone photoshop something to make it look as dreadful as this shot"

or you can just say "ok, you caught me - i've been editing an image of myself into pictures of some random bird to pretend I'm not a sad lonely git"

any of those options are better than saying "well, Actually, Mark from Wakefield say's it's real*, and he's a staff member on a very prestigious photography forum"

*I don't think either of the images the OP has posted are entirely kosher if I'm being honest, but I can't see why anyone would waste time in photoshop to "realise" either picture, as they both look like they were taken by Stevie Wonder and retouched by Ray Charles.

So, i'd suggest that if you don't want to just be removed as a complete troll / timewaster, that you actually tell the good folk on here the full story about why you're posting these dreadful images and asking if they look "photoshopped" - BTW, pretty much every image you see on the internet, has been run through SOME form of editing program, and "photoshopping" in the general public's consciousness is a generic term for this editing - just as "hoovering" is a generic term for "using a vacuum suction device to clean the carpet" even if you use a Dyson or a Kirby...

I really don't get this... you say the photo was "realised" by you... I'd read that as "i took this photo, I know it's provenance, and I know it was shot on a Iphone 7 and edited on snapseed"

you're friend says its photoshopped.

you can simply say "screw you, it was snapseeded"

or you can say "why would anyone photoshop something to make it look as dreadful as this shot"

or you can just say "ok, you caught me - i've been editing an image of myself into pictures of some random bird to pretend I'm not a sad lonely git"

any of those options are better than saying "well, Actually, Mark from Wakefield say's it's real*, and he's a staff member on a very prestigious photography forum"

*I don't think either of the images the OP has posted are entirely kosher if I'm being honest, but I can't see why anyone would waste time in photoshop to "realise" either picture, as they both look like they were taken by Stevie Wonder and retouched by Ray Charles.

So, i'd suggest that if you don't want to just be removed as a complete troll / timewaster, that you actually tell the good folk on here the full story about why you're posting these dreadful images and asking if they look "photoshopped" - BTW, pretty much every image you see on the internet, has been run through SOME form of editing program, and "photoshopping" in the general public's consciousness is a generic term for this editing - just as "hoovering" is a generic term for "using a vacuum suction device to clean the carpet" even if you use a Dyson or a Kirby...
Alright sorry everyone...i photoshopped it....just wanted to know if it looks real...btw all images used are non copyrighted material.

So why not just ask?

And you might want to read up on linguistic register.

Or not. Who knows?

Alright sorry everyone...i photoshopped it....just wanted to know if it looks real...btw all images used are non copyrighted material.
There’s no such thing as non copyrighted material.
Copyright exists in every created work, what the copyright owner chooses to do with the work, whether to give it away freely or licence it is another matter.

Im really sorry
There’s no such thing as non copyrighted material.
Copyright exists in every created work, what the copyright owner chooses to do with the work, whether to give it away freely or licence it is another matter.
Can i know the forum's rules?

Im really sorryCan i know the forum's rules?
The forum rules are linked on the homepage - but have nothing to do with the law of copyright.

As a basic lesson. You press the shutter - an image is created to which you own the copyright*, from that point on what the creator can do with the image or what they allow others to do is down to licensing. What many people describe as ‘copyright free’ is better described as ‘creative commons’ where the creator of a work shares their work freely for others to use, this doesn’t mean copyright doesn’t exist, but that the copyright owner has chosen to share their copyrighted material for free.

*the most basic exception is work created whilst in the employ of someone else, where the employment contract willoften state that copyright belongs to the employer.

Ive understand ...thank you so much phil
One more question..do i have permission to post photoshopped picture for reviews?
The forum rules are linked on the homepage - but have nothing to do with the law of copyright.

As a basic lesson. You press the shutter - an image is created to which you own the copyright*, from that point on what the creator can do with the image or what they allow others to do is down to licensing. What many people describe as ‘copyright free’ is better described as ‘creative commons’ where the creator of a work shares their work freely for others to use, this doesn’t mean copyright doesn’t exist, but that the copyright owner has chosen to share their copyrighted material for free.

*the most basic exception is work created whilst in the employ of someone else, where the employment contract willoften state that copyright belongs to the employer.

Ive understand ...thank you so much phil
One more question..do i have permission to post photoshopped picture for reviews?

You already did ! :LOL::LOL:

And the the questions and answers reveal that you need to learn a lot more about photography, Post processing, Photoshopping and copyright laws - for starters.

You already did ! :LOL::LOL:

And the the questions and answers reveal that you need to learn a lot more about photography, Post processing, Photoshopping and copyright laws - for starters.

but, at least by being a little more open, and asking questions, at least the OP has started to progress along that road of learning, which is to be commended, not sneered at.

give the guy a break now, willya... season of goodwill and all... at least he's (now) trying.

It does look as there is something wrong with the image. The amount of light on the faces is very different and the also the hands holding the wine glasses.

When you're photoshopping, it's all about the details. You can hide a lot by making it grainy and claiming it was done on a phone, in dark light etc, but dont forget the details. You forgot the stem and bottom of the wine glass you're supposed to be holding, you're too in detail compared to the girl and I'd have lost whever the bight bauble is between your legs.

It looks to me very much like you (or someone else) has photoshopped the guy into the picture of the girl to make others believe that they're a couple.

Are you asking if we think it's a convincing fake? If so, then no, it doesn't look real.

If the photo you're trying to insert someone into is bad, then you need to match it. it's not always about trying to imporove the bad photo.

Back